News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 with 3 SP's, but 2 phones

Started by vaggarwa, May 09, 2014, 05:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaggarwa

Hey guys,

I'm kind of new to the OBI...but wanted to know if this was possible.

I have my setup as follows:
SP1 - Rings Phone 1, outgoing Phone 1
SP2 - Rings Phone 2, outgoing Phone 2.

EVerything works great.

I wanted to add a 3rd SP, but just for international calls.

Is there a way I could add a 3rd SP, and have it ONLY route international calls via this SP, regardless which phone uses it?

Thanks in advance!!!

Shale

Yes. There are various examples in the forum.

What rule would you want to implement? All calls starting with 011 go to SP3, and everything else works the same as now?  Here is an example http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2915.0 but you would use **3 instead of **2 to go out on sp3.

vaggarwa

Oh, I didn't even know that setting existed...

This is what I would like
Phone 1 is SP1, by default for all calls, but if 011, then route to SP3.
Phone 2 is SP2, by default for all calls, but if 011, then route to SP3.

Trying to understand the syntax....

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Shale

Add  |<**3>011xx.  before the end ) in to your existing
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap
and
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap

That is 12 characters that you are adding to each.

If you don't understand, post your existing digit maps. Also, stay tuned in case somebody spots an error in what I wrote.

Also, there is another method to accomplish this. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5713.0 explains that. This one uses the OutboundCallRoute for each phone. I think either way will work. Maybe there is a reason to choose one method vs the other.

vaggarwa

Many Thanks!!!  I'll give it a try this weekend!

vaggarwa

WIth this method, will I have to dial **3 first?

Thanks

Quote from: Shale on May 09, 2014, 08:45:03 AM
and

If you don't understand, post your existing digit maps. Also, stay tuned in case somebody spots an error in what I wrote.

Also, there is another method to accomplish this. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5713.0 explains that. This one uses the OutboundCallRoute for each phone. I think either way will work. Maybe there is a reason to choose one method vs the other.

Shale

vaggarwa

Thanks....one last thing...Is there a way to add SP3 so it doesn't ring any phone?  I strictly want to use it for outgoing calls only....

It seems it doesnt let me uncheck incoming phone to ring...

Thanks!

Shale

Quote from: vaggarwa on May 10, 2014, 11:02:16 AM
Thanks....one last thing...Is there a way to add SP3 so it doesn't ring any phone?  I strictly want to use it for outgoing calls only....

It seems it doesnt let me uncheck incoming phone to ring...

Thanks!
Hmmm. At first I thought you were being too cautious, but now that I have thought about it, I think you have a really good question. Better too cautious than not enough.

I don't think it is needed since we will have not set up any calls to route to SP3. I  I think you could add a guard against SP3 possibly being used with inbound calls by setting  (Voice Services)SP3 Service->X_InboundCallRoute = {} but it would be best to see if there are other comments on that topic.

Those using a given SPn for the gateway reference and are who also using it for a service would not do this. Those SPs should have a SIP scanner prevention method in effect. Those who use their own setup would do that. https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0 discusses various methods, with agreement by most that method 4 ("Oleg") is generally best. That is the method Anveo uses when it provides for Sip scanner prevention in its setups.

But if SP3 were used for only CircleNet, would seem simple enough to make extra sure.

vaggarwa

Ok, I think I got this setup....could I ask you for one more thing?

I have a 4th SP (SP4) that I want to use for calls to area code 868.  The calls start with 1868-xxx-xxxx.

I have been trying different additions, but I don't think I'm doing it right.

Could you tell me what I should be adding at the end?

Thanks!

Quote from: Shale on May 09, 2014, 08:45:03 AM
and

vaggarwa

Ok, so in order to try and make it easier, here are my DIGIMAPS (The default that OBI puts)

Profile A:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|'*0'|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Profile B:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|'*0'|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

For both, I want to add the following rules:
-  If dialing International (startying with 011), dial via SP3
-  If dialing Area COde 868 (Trinidad), dial via SP4

Thanks in advance!!!

vaggarwa

hmmm, I have also tried the outbound route option, and regardless what I put in there, it seems the OBI is ignoring them.

Here is my setup:
SP1:  Phone Power  Account A (US and Canada)
SP2:  Phone Power  Account A (US and Canada)
SP3:  Phone Power  Account B (International ONLY)
SP4:  OneSuite (ONLY for calling area code 868)