News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problems with *4 dialing via CallWithUs using obi 202.

Started by carl, March 12, 2014, 06:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

I have a following issue : I cannot use the *4 dialing which makes it possible to choose a specific call termination trunk. All other star codes work just fine for CWU. But once I attempt to dial *4xxxxxxxx. upon dialing the first digit after *4 I get a 404 error message. The obi call history only shows one digit after *4 after which Obi hangs up.
The digitmaps are fine, so there is no problem there.I can use regular dialing with no problems.
Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
Obihai, as usual, does not respond to a trouble ticket.
:(

On edit : I do not have any other 4*.... rule which could cause this problem.

carl

In order to update this :  the *4n rule does NOT cause any problems on SP1,SP3 and SP4 with other providers.

carl

Update 2 :  Obihai finally got back to me and recommended adding {(*4xx.):sp2}to outbound route for PHONE 1. It seems to work now, subject to more testing.
A few questions remain. I never changed the oubound route on PH 1 so it is the same route Obihai created for CWU configuration. Also, it did not have the same problem  with other providers when I adjusted the digitmaps and tried *4n calling.
Additionally, a highly knowledgeable unperson found 2 other syntax issues in the original obihai PH 1 call routing.
So I hope that they will provide the necessary explanation/correction.

carl

Update # 3. :  there is a danger in copying and pasting digitmaps- for some reason not everything can be reliably copied and pasted.
one of the  syntax errors problems reported in the outbound route was non existent- the syntax has changed through copying for the purpose of a review and it happens repeatedly. So, in the future, I will type everything manually sign by sign. :P We learn something every day.