News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Three-way Conference with Callcentric Question

Started by Arghtastic, March 13, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghtastic

I am trying to figure out how to do a conference call using callcentric with Inbound Service Only can anyone explain this to me?  I was expecting hitting flash while on a call and a second one coming in would work, but it doesn't. 

I would really appreciate some help.  Callcentric said to ask Obi Support because it was device dependant--seems like a cop-out to me.  I would have expected them to have a star code, but they don't.

MikeHObi

From the Admin Guide. (underline and bold mine)
http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide
The OBi PHONE port supports 3-way Calling when the second call is an outbound call.

On the first Hook-Flash during an active call the OBi can make a second outbound call.

On the second Hook-Flash, the first call and the second outbound call are placed in a conference.

To remove the second conferenced party, invoke a third Hook-Flash.

When the OBi goes On-Hook during a 3-way Call, this will become a transfer when 2nd (outbound) call is ringing or connected.  If the 2nd (outbound) call does not succeed, e.g. no answer or busy, then the OBi PHONE port can go to an On Hook state and will ring as the holding call is still on the line, or simply Hook-Flash to resume the first call.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Arghtastic