News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Extracting Audio

Started by SamF, March 18, 2014, 02:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamF

Is there any way to have the device replicate a page port?
I know we can set page port, but you still need to put a 33ohm resister and a 600:600ohm Transformer etc...

Is there an easier way to get "clean" audio from the device?

QBZappy

You can record the conversations directly off the OBi Record button, if that is what you mean.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

SamF

Thanks for the reply,

I am looking for live audio,

I call the OBI device it auto answers and plays the audio stream.

I want to have a remote paging unit.

QBZappy

You might need one of these adapters:
http://www.amazon.com/Telephone-Phone-Recorder-Adapter-3-5mm/sim/B003B1ASV6/2

There is a 3.5mm line out. This is the old school way of doing it. You will need to connect it to an amp or stereo or paging system to hear the audio. Possibly if you have an OBi202 I think it may be possible to use the Bluetooth adapter in some way with a Bluetooth wireless speaker. I have not seen anyone use this method yet.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

giqcass

On the Obi 202 put one port into paging mode.  You of course need something to connect as an amplifier. If you have a paging amp it should plug right in.  The cheapest way to plug in to a regular amp is as follows.

A simple amp
+
Mini Corded phone  Must have a 3.5mm output. This one does.  This also has a button that locks the phone in off hook mode which is important.

+

3.5mm Rca adapter male

I also added one of these to adjust audio volume and Isolate the Microphone and output.  I needed 2 way audio for my project.  This probably isn't needed for your use case.

Line level converter with isolator

Here is a thread on what I did.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6987.0

The audio output of the Obi is mono.  You only plug one side of the RCA cable to your amp.  You could use a splitter if the amp is stereo.  If you added a Microphone the other side could talk back as well.
Long live our new ObiLords!

SamF

SamF

Do you know if I take a regular rj11 put a 330ohm resister (off hook)

What is left? is that what they refer to as 600ohm tel audio, is there any voltage mixed in?
What about the first few seconds it usually has a dial tone, any way to remove that? ( so i dont have the initial voltage...)

SamF

In short I want  600-ohm, dry-loop, balanced audio output.