News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vestalink not configured

Started by pothound, April 03, 2014, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothound

i have vestalink on an obi100. it works but it says it is not configured. i have google voice on sp1 and vestalink on sp2. any advice would be appreciated. thank you
pothound

CLTGreg

This happened to me on a 202 when provisioning the new Anveo deal. Had to cycle the power on the Obi then it was fine.

pothound

thank you
i cycle the power on the obi without results. i went to expert config. just to look at it, and i found many red exclamation marks. this is beyond me. sp-1 is showing google voice as registered. sp-2 is showing vestalink as not configured. yet it works. i would like to reset the obi100 by using ***8 then 1 and reconfiging vestalink using his advanced method. i don't want lose my phone service doing this. what do you think?
pothound

gderf

Did you use Vestalink's web widget to configure your OBi? If so you may want to try configuring it yourself via theOBiTALK portal and the SIP credentials you can get from the Vestalink BYOD page https://www.vestalink.com/byod.php
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

CLTGreg

I agree with trying manual setup. The only time I have seen this message is with auto-provisioning which I detest but had no choice with my second Anveo account.

Barring that open a support ticket. Obihai may be pretty quiet here but I've always had fast turnaround with tickets. Hard to say where the solution is if manual doesn't work.

stana

just use the Obi Dashboard Device Configuration

Click on settings gear for SP1 or SP2
Click on Next under OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers
Click on Accept in the Emergency Service Calls
Click on Generic Service Provider
In the Configurations Name box change "Generic Service Provider" to "Vestalink"
In the Service Provider Proxy Server box put- sms.intelafone.com
In User Name box put in your 4 digit Vestalink User number
Put in your password
If you want this to be the primary line for outgoing calls, check the box

then Click on Submit

pothound

hi thank you
i went thru the steps trying to get vestalink configured. this time i lost it completely. i must have made a mistake.
first i reset ***8 then 1. then i logged in to obitalk.  configured google voice. it shows connected.  sp-2 cofigured vestalink, it shows not connected. neither service works now because the obi100 only shows a green light on the left. i disconnected the power and reconnected it. i'm still trying other things to do, rebooted router. any suggestions would be appreciated.  pothound

gderf

Reset the OBi to factory defaults.
Configure an SP for Vestalink manually. If this works, then configure for Google Voice.

pothound

thank you
after deleting device, do i disconnect ethernet cable and phone before i reset it? i tried the ***8-1, but i didn't delete the device first. could be part of problem.
durk

pothound

using the paper clip method, do i disconnect the ethernet and phone cable?
durk

gderf

It doesn't matter if the cables are connected or not. Don't bother with any of this until you log into the OBiTALK portal and delete your device.

pothound

thank you.  deleting the device is the key. i have vestalink back in service. it doesn't say configured, but it says registered. as long as its working. what a struggle. thanks to everybody.
pothound

gderf

"Registered" is the correct designation.

pothound

SOLVED  thank you all
pothound