News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Change from GV to Vestalink - Now outbound get fast busy after 3 digits

Started by markgramlich, April 06, 2014, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markgramlich

I am helping a customer fix a problem with Obihai 202. This is my first encounter with Obihai products. Though I have dabbled with Asterisk.

Anyway, the customer made some changes to drop Google Voice and go to Vestalink. They did not make a backup prior to making the changes. Ever since they made some changes, they can no longer make out bound calls from their Cisco SPA303 phones (they have 2). They can make outbound calls on an analog phone attached as PH1 or PH2.

In bound call still come in correctly to the Cisco phones. I do not see any outbound calls from the Cisco phones in the call log. I do see completed calls in the call log prior to the changes. I suspect something in the digitmap.

SP1 points to ITSP A. The digitmap for ITSP A is 
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1828>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

The Cisco receives a fast busy when the 3rd dial digit is pressed for 1828 or 828 numbers. Each Cisco can dial another inside three digit extension directly. If you can offer a suggestion as to what to look for, it would be much appreciated.

TIA

erkme73

Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm facing the exact same scenario.  Had vestalink on an 202, upgraded firmware, deleted SP1 & SP2 and switched back to the new GV setup.  Fast busy on 3rd digit.  Did a factory reset, and reconfigured GV on sp1 and sp2 again same result.

cluckercreek

You said you did a factory reset. Did you use the paperclip on the reset hole on the unit? I've found, contrary to what others say, that is the only way to clear ALL residue, junk, whatever left behind on the SP slots.

erkme73

Yes, that's exactly what I did - held the button for 10 seconds beyond power up.  It cycled as it should, and came up with DHCP on (which I had set to static).  So, it did reset.

Yet, the fast busy with third digit still happens this AM.   It's definitely a OBi/GV issue, as the **9 222 222 222 echo test works flawlessly on either line.

erkme73

Good news.  I deteleted both GV SP1&2 this morning.  after readding them same as before, it works.  SO apparently it was something with GV's setup process.  Figures.  I don't know how I always manage to time my routine changes/updates with a system glitch.  Murphy strikes again.