News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help setup SP2 for Callwithus

Started by tkc9789, April 27, 2011, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkc9789

Just received my new toy about an hour ago.  Got GV setup as provider #1 for U.S. dialing without issues.  I plan on using "callwithus" as provider #2 for international calling.  I'm totally lost on how to set that up.  The following are sip client configuration copied from callwithus page:

Configuration parameter   Value
SIP server (or proxy, or domain)   sip.callwithus.com
SIP proxy (or "Outbound Proxy")   leave blank
STUN server   stun.callwithus.com
Username (or User ID)   username
Password   password
Auth name (or Auth ID)   username
Display Name   Your name
Register (or Send registration request)   Yes

Where in the Obi110 do I configure these parameters?  I clicked on "generic service provider" and doesn't even look close.  Help please.  Thanks.

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> STUNEnable : (checked)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> STUNServer : stun.callwithus.com

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.callwithus.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod : 120

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : username
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : password

tkc9789

Ron,
How do I get to "service providers" and "voice services"?   

RonR

These settings are in the Obi.  You access the OBi with your browser pointed to the IP address given by dialing ***1.  It should be obvious from there.

Be aware that to configure your OBi manually/locally, you will also have to disable Auto Provisioning at:

System Maintenance -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

This will preclude using the OBiTALK configuration facility.

tkc9789

Quote from: RonR on April 27, 2011, 05:29:57 PM
These settings are in the Obi.  You access the OBi with your browser pointed to the IP address given by dialing ***1.  It should be obvious from there.

Be aware that to configure your OBi manually/locally, you will also have to disable Auto Provisioning at:

System Maintenance -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

This will preclude using the OBiTALK configuration facility.
Ah. Got it.  Thanks very much for the help.

tkc9789

I think I ran into a problem with setting up "callwithus" as SP2.  I see status of "Backing off" under SP2.  What does that mean?  In addition,  how can I test connectivity to callwithus? Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: tkc9789 on April 28, 2011, 02:34:47 PMI see status of "Backing off" under SP2.  What does that mean?

It's not documented and not clear what it means exactly other than there's some kind of connectivity issue.  Backing off would seem to imply being less aggressive or giving up.

Do you ever get a 'Registered' status?  If not, have you double-checked your CallWithUs username and password?  It's easy to misread 1's and L's, 0's and O's. etc.

tkc9789

Ron,
I believe I found the issue.  I forgot to configure X_ServProvProfile to "B".  Status is now "register".
Now need to figure out how do a "echo" test call.   

RonR

I just signed up for a CallWithUs account and it came right up in the OBi.

Echo test is 3246.

tkc9789

Quote from: RonR on April 28, 2011, 05:49:13 PM
I just signed up for a CallWithUs account and it came right up in the OBi.

Echo test is 3246.

did you have to configure dial map?  Maybe you can walk me through how to perform the echo test from a handset connected to the OBi?  Really appreciate it. 

RonR

I just dialed 3246 and echo test answered.

If you have Google Voice on SP1 and your PrimaryLine is SP1 Service (GV), you would dial:

**2 + number

for calls to go out SP2 (CallWithUs).

tkc9789

Quote from: RonR on April 28, 2011, 06:39:56 PM
If you have Google Voice on SP1 and your PrimaryLine is SP1 Service (GV), you would dial:

**2 + number

for calls to go out SP2 (CallWithUs).
That works like a charm!! Thanks so much for your help.