News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo questions

Started by MFB5, May 14, 2014, 10:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFB5

We ported over one of our GV numbers to Anveo & it was easy.
A few questions:

- How do you dial international numbers with Anveo from US? We wanted to add some to Obi's speed dial.

- Is it possible to add CC auto-charging (like GV) when funds go to a set limit & have it charge our CC automatically?

- How do you block unwanted callers in Anveo?

- Possible to turn OFF Anveo's voicemail? We wanted to use our phone's answering system.

thanks

c3c3

1. Don't know about international.
2. No auto, but you can set email alert for low balance.
3. In the call flow, the "start" control has a block option.
4. You can remove the voicemail control, but I would recommend setting a longer delay instead.  If something breaks at your end, the Anveo VM can still pick it up.

AlanB

You should be able to dial international by just like a land line.  Assuming you are in the US, it will be "011.....".  Note, you can block outband calls by the per minute rate, so if you can't make a call, it could be that you've got it set to block calls that cost as much as the country you are trying to call.  You can set this value to any amount, and even limit the call length.

The following link is to a Call Flow that I use to help block unwanted callers, as well as let me use my home answering machine, but keep Anveo Voicemail as a backup.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7879.0

Shale

I like AlanBs call flow. It is similar to one that I use. Very effective against unknown robocallers and even many telemarketers staffed by people who are told not to negotiate phone trees or who may not even have a keypad.

In Anveo, the contacts list is the key. If you have a number in the contacts list as friend, family or business, they will ring right through. Real people trying to talk to you don't seem to have a problem pressing the right key. Once they have called (even if the call did not get through because of the test), you can create a new contacts entry by clicking the diskette icon in the Calls Received list, as well as in the Phone Book section. I do that for repeat spam numbers to give a text entry in the list. I don't use CNAM lookup, but numbers in the list do not do CNAM lookups even if you have selected to do CNAM lookups. I look up numbers that did not make it in 800notes. It is surprising how many numbers hit there.

I know the above discussion mostly isn't voicemail... for that, make changes by clicking the pencil icon in the Voicemail element, and set the message and timing that you want.

There are fancier things you could do. You could, for example, have only family calls transfer to your cell phone if your home electricity is off.

MFB5

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try the call flow soon.
Still can't find any menus to control voicemail length or turning it off.

Shale

I use call flow. Maybe you do too... if they set up a simple call flow for you.
Phone Numbers ->Manage Phone Numbers ->Edit->Call Options is where you select whether to use a call flow for a number, and if so, which call flow to use for calls received for that number.

Edit the active call flow.  To set length before the SIP element give up and passes control out of the No-Answer (n/a) output to the voicemail control, click the pencil icon on the SIP element. On the Advanced tab for the number of rings, make a selection (I selected 60 seconds). Then click UPDATE CONFIGURATION.