News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Change Outbound CID

Started by jadog, April 14, 2014, 03:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jadog

I own the oBi202 and am using Anveo for all my inbound calls.

I just signed up with DIDLogic and submitted my documentation and the FAQ on their site confirms that they allow a custom outbound CID. I'm only using them for my outbound calling (no monthly DID because I'm using Anveo for that).

Right now when I make a call, the person receiving the call is seeing my 5-digit DIDLogic user ID. What I want this to be is my inbound number to Anveo so my calling out number matches my calling in number. Other providers (such as Flowroute) simply require that I add my 10-digit number to the URI field. This however causes the registration to fail with a 407 unrecognized error until I remove it. I've also tried changing it to sip:1234567890@didlogic.com but that simply caused the receiving party to see "Unknown" on their phone. Lastly I've tried enabling X_SpoofCallerID, but have had no luck with that either. Any ideas?

Below is the email I received from DIDLogic after they confirmed they enabled the custom CLI for me:
QuoteThanks very much for taking the time to provide the required documentation.

Your account is now provisioned for custom CLI. Our gateway will obey the "FROM" string you're sending. Please set the SIP account CLI option to "No caller ID".

In most Asterisk distributions, this is achieved by manipulating the "fromuser=" and "callerid=" part on a per-call basis.

http://didlogic.com/support/setup-guides/custom-asterisk-callerid
http://didlogic.com/support/setup-guides/freeswitch-own-cli

You need to send the CLI in the "From" part of the SIP INVITE msg.

That works on Asterisk and Freeswitch, as well as on any other useragent.

Check your console messages.

Here's the example of correct syntax when sending +12125551212 as CLI:

From: "12125551212" <sip:12125551212@your_IP_addr_here>;tag=as028d2be5

To: <sip:dialed_number_E164_format@lon01.media.uk.didlogic.net>

(turn on debug by issuing "sip set debug ip

enter_proxy_ip_here" when sending calls)

Be advised that you're currently sending your 5-digit username as "FROM"; because the dropdown "CallerID" settings are ignored for passthrough accounts, this may result in transmitting 5 digits as CLI to telephone networks (until you replace the "FROM" by the desired CLI)

drgeoff

The following suggestion comes merely from my reading of the OBi Device Admin Guide and the quoted email from DIDLogic.  I've never tried this myself.

Leave the X_SpoofCallerID setting at default.  Insert the CID you want at SPx Service, CallerIDName.  The Admin Guide says:

CallerIDNameDisplay name to identify the subscriber. The display name field is usually inserted in a FROM header in outbound SIP requests (such as INVITE) for the purpose of displaying a Caller ID Name on the recipient's device.

And I assume the 'set the SIP account CLI option to "No caller ID".' is to be done on your DIDLogic control panel.

jadog

I did as you suggested. It still sends my 5-digit DIDLogic account number. Any other suggestions?

drgeoff

Quote from: jadog on April 15, 2014, 04:18:57 PM
I did as you suggested. It still sends my 5-digit DIDLogic account number. Any other suggestions?
Install a syslog server on a local PC and point the OBi to it.  System Management, Device Admin, Syslog.  Make a test call and check what is in the FROM field of the INVITE message.

jadog

I figured it out! All my other accounts simply required that I put my 10-digit phone number (need to have the 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX format without the dashes) in the URI field. When I did this for my DIDLogic account it showed a 407 registration error. However, when setting theX_SpoofCallerID setting back to default and then setting the CallerIDName Display name with my 10-digit number as drgeoff recommended, it worked!

jadog

Interesting. So it took a few minutes, but now it has gone back to showing "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized. No cheating please." But the odd part is, I can still make calls just fine and the outbound caller id is showing correctly. Do you think it's ok for me to just leave it alone?

MikeHObi

verify the account is set correctly.  Note, I have had trouble with the obi talk config pages holding cached information such that it will refresh showing old information from the browser.  It has something to do with the meta data in their page. 
I have had to clear temp files and cookies in my browser to see things correctly from time to time.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

jadog

I've tried clearing cookies and even from different browsers, but I get the same results. I guess I'll just leave it since it's working just as I want it to anyway.

azrobert

Try turning off registration to eliminate the error.
Voice Services -> SP3 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked

jadog

This issue has seemed to effect my outbound calling. 9 out of 10 calls that I try to make don't connect. I'm frustrated enough that I'm ready to discontinue service with them and move all my calling to a different provider. I just cant understand why this provider doesn't work the same as the others.