News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help setting speed dial for OBI to OBI

Started by melamoud, April 20, 2014, 12:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melamoud

Hi,

I have OBI 110 with only PSTN line (dropping google as they are going to drop OBI)
I want to use my OBI for OBI to OBI calls only for now (until I will find a good SIP provider)

I configure 8 in speed dial to call my other OBI **9XXXXXXXXX (obi number) I also tried the PP(obXXXXXXXXX)

if I call **9XXXXXXXXX it works, if I call the 8# (speed dial) I get a female voice saying I cant dial this number - (I do hear the OBI dial many numbers and the voice starting after the 3rd or 4th digit. like it goes to PSTN or SP1 (which was in the past google voice)

help ?

azrobert

You can check the OBi call history to see where the call is routed.

Log directly into the OBi using the Web interface.
Click Status, then click Call History.

Also, please post your Phone Port DigitMap.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> DigitMap

Also post your Primary Line DigitMap

Are you altering 1 digit dialed numbers in any DigitMap?

melamoud

I deleted SP1 (old google voice) so now it has to go to the PSTN no other choice,
maybe OBI need some pause after then **9, and when dialing from shortcut it does it too fast ?

hwittenb

For the SpeedDial to call the distant OBi you should have PP(xxxxxxxxx) where xxxxxxxxx is the 9-digit OBiNumber that you find on the distant OBi's System Status Page, i.e. no "ob" preceeding the number.  At least that is what works for me.  If that is what you have and it doesn't work then you should post the information that Azrobert requested.

azrobert

I have always used the "ob". Didn't know it would work without it.

hwittenb

Quote from: azrobert on April 21, 2014, 09:21:22 PM
I have always used the "ob". Didn't know it would work without it.
I didn't previously realize the op+ format was the admin manual documented way to do it.

melamoud

hi,

well here is my investigation
when configure **9XXX... on the OBI web interface as shortcut (speeddial) it worked!!!
when tried it with PP(...) it did not.
when look at call history I do not see the shortcut I see the actual **9XXXX....

when configure shortcut on OBITALK it did not work PP(ob..) or PP() or **9XX
when I look at call history for the OBITalk test I see two calls, one with # and one with 6 (my shortcut was 6#)
so it look like ONITalk cause ONBI to dial the shortcut as two separate calls

digitmap ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

any idea ?

ianobi

Your digit map seems to be missing some important delays. The default is this:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

The purpose of the S9 delays is to prevent numbers such as 911 being seen by the OBi as speed dial 9 followed by digits 11 etc. This is why in your case 6# is being sent out as digit 6 followed by # rather than speed dial 6.

When you dial **9xxxxxxxxx the number is matched by **9(Mpp), so the problem with the lack of S9 delay is bypassed. (Mpp) is:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > DigitMap:
(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)

The first rule matches the nine digits following the **9 and adds the prefix ob so obxxxxxxxxx goes out to the OBiTALK network.

The correct format for an OBiTALK speed dial is as azrobert and the Admin guide states pp(obxxxxxxxxx). This format of speed dial goes direct to the OBiTALK network with no reference to any digit maps.

Here's where I learnt something - thanks hwittenb   :)    If you use a speed dial in the format pp(xxxxxxxxx), which sends xxxxxxxxx to the OBiTALK network without the "ob" prefix, it works just as well. I can only assume that the InboundCallRoute to the OBiTALK servers has a similar rule to (Mpp) and adds the "ob" prefix to any nine digit number it sees.

melamoud

hi, thanks for the answer , but now when I'm doing 6# its not working, and in the call history i see only 6 was dialed, as if it ignored my #

ianobi

If you dial 6# for your speed dial, then you should not see 6 or # in your Call History. You should only see the contents of speed dial slot 6 under Phone1 and under whatever trunk it went out on.

For some reason your OBi is not seeing a single digit 6 as a speed dial short cut. What happens if you dial only 6 (without #) and wait for ten seconds for the S9 delay to time out? This should also work as a speed dial - the # is only to tell the OBi that you have finished dialling.

Please check in your local OBi web page that a number is configured in speed dial slot 6. Also, check that the S9 delays have been added to the Phone Port DigitMap, not overwritten by the OBiTALK portal.

If all that is ok, then there may be some sort of software glitch. It might be worth power cycling your OBi, then waiting a few minutes and trying again.

melamoud

thanks, probably a software issue, I compared my configuration with a friends OBI (which works) and its the same
local speeddial does not have >3 configured, S9 has been added

thanks guys,

if you have any other idea I will be happy to hear it, if not its probably juist a bug,

thanks