News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuration example for 1-stage dialing?

Started by Helloguys, April 21, 2014, 06:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helloguys

I have two OBI devices:

OBI202 with SP1 configured.  It's in US.
OBI110 with a line (POTS).  It's in China.

What I'm trying to achieve is

1) From OBI202, dialing 01186XXXXXXXXXX will route the call to OBI110.  OBI110 strips 01186 and send XXXXXXXX out the POTS line.

2) From OBI110, dialing 001YYYYYYYYYY will route the call to OBI202.  OBI202 strips 001 and send YYYYYYYYYY out SP1.

I've read the Admin guide.  But couldn't find similar examples.  Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

ianobi

Helloguys - welcome to the forum.

If you dial 01186XXXXXXXXXX, then you are making an international call to China, so I'm not sure what you gain by further processing it through the OBi110. Anyhow, if the OBi110 only has POTS, then it cannot be used for an incoming call into it and an outgoing call to the local China number at the same time.

Here's the good news: If you own two OBi devices anywhere in the world, the link between them is free using the OBiTALK network. For example, in your case if you call China from your OBi202 in US, then you only pay for the local call in China.

There are three scenarios described here of how it works (substitute China for Holland):

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6947.msg43848#msg43848

It's quite a lot to take in. If you only have a few numbers you dial in each direction, then scenario 2 is probably best. Let us know if this what you are looking for and some more info of how you might use it and we can provide specific details for your setup.

azrobert

ianobi's examples don't quit fit your requirements. It can be confusing on how and where to make changes. This is how I would do it.

In the OBi202:

Change Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> DigitMap to:
(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx|<01186:ob200111111*>(xxxxxxxxxx))

ob200111111 is the OBi number of the OBi110.

Change Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute to:
{>(xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{ph}

Add to the beginning of the Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port DigitMap:
01186xxxxxxxxxx|
It should look like this:
(01186xxxxxxxxxx|........Current Rules........)

Add to the beginning of the Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(Mpp):pp},

In the OBi110:

Change Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> DigitMap to:
(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx|<001:ob200222222*>(xxxxxxxxxx))

ob200222222 is the OBi number of the OBi202.

Change Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute to:
{>(xxxxxxxxxx):li},{ph}

Add to the beginning of the Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port DigitMap:
001xxxxxxxxxx|
It should look like this:
(001xxxxxxxxxx|........Current Rules........)

Add to the beginning of the Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(Mpp):pp},

Your example #1 showed the local China number as 10 digits, then 8 digits. I used 10 digits above.

ianobi

@ azrobert - fair point, I should have pointed out that the methods I quoted normally require you to dial as if you were in the country that you are dialling to.

For security reasons I would add the CallerID of each OBi in each others' OBiTALK InboundCallRoute. When using single-stage "through" dialling, it's pretty much the only security there is to stop any OBi user using your OBi's outgoing services.