News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Manuals for OBi devices?

Started by BruceB, April 23, 2014, 03:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceB

I recently purchased an OBi202 and an OBiWiFi, and set them up to work with a new Phone Power VoIP account.  I haven't had too much trouble, except that the OBiWiFi, after successful initial setup, failed to connect to my AT&T 2Wire router in the same room for several hours.  Then it connected OK (with no intervention from me) and has continued to be solid for the past 2 days.  My frustration is that I had very little visibility into what was going on, and still don't know what went wrong or how to fix it if it happens again.  Most of the Troubleshooting stuff assumes you never got it right in the first place.

Given that background, I would like to see manuals for OBi devices, esp the OBiWiFi, that document ALL the user interface modes and commands, including interaction from a phone and over a network interface.  But I haven't seen anything like that.  Does anyone know of any kind of reference that would help (PDF, online, paper or whatever)?

Taoman

http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide

Then do a search on "OBiWiFi Wireless USB Adapter"

Note: Obihai manuals leave a lot to be desired

BruceB

Excellent!

Though it would be nice to get something in between the brief and unsatisfactory troubleshooting web page and this 176-page guide, it is still better to have too much information than too little.  At least now I have a place to search for answers!

QBZappy

BruceB

Most questions have already been answered. Your first place to search is probably this forum. Using the builtin search fuction of the forum sucks. I find searching using Google advanced search more useful.

site or domain: www.obitalk.com/forum/
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

BruceB

I did try searching the forum first, but without much luck.  One bad thing about the search is that it is not limited to the current section of the forum, and apparently it is a word search on the entire contents of all posts.  This makes way too many search results, most not relevant.  I guess I'd like a Subject search, but that depends on folks writing good subject lines.  Keywords would be better.  In any case, my patience ran out and I posted a new topic, which seems to work pretty well.  Sorry for the clutter, though!  I'll try Google search next time . . .