News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 failing to register with LocalPhone?

Started by ObeyObi, April 24, 2014, 07:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObeyObi

Hi,

I am trying to switch to using LocalPhone instead of Google Voice for outbound calls. I was able to register an account successfully using the following ObiTalk settings:

Service Provider Proxy Server: localphone.com
Service Provider Proxy Server Port: 5060

This worked fine for a while and I was able to make outgoing calls for a couple of days. A couple of days ago, I started seeing this message in the system status page of the 202:

Status   Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=94.75.247.45:5060; retry in 20s)

localphone.com correctly resolves to 94.75.247.45. LPis configured on SP4. Any ideas what might be happening here? I am able to contact callcentric on udp 5060 (SP2) so I do not think it is an issue with my ISP (Comcast) blocking outgoing traffic on that port.

carl

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29200823-Outgoing-calls-on-LocalPhone-don-t-connect

you may use some info from the above thread.  You may want to factory reset your obi and reconfigure it accordingly.

BTW the fact that a router/gateway does not block Callcentric does not mean that it will not block Localphone but I do not think that that's the case here.

ObeyObi

Thanks for the response, carl. A factory reset of the obi solved the problem.

I filed a ticket with localphone and they were unable to see any traffic coming from the Obi, which was a clue that perhaps the device was not quite behaving right.