News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No incoming ring after switch from GV to PhonePower

Started by Craig7777, April 24, 2014, 01:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig7777

I've been using my OBi100 with Google Voice for years with no problems. Just signed up for PhonePower, went through the setup to replace GV on SP1, and it shows as Registered on the OBi dashboard. Outgoing calls work fine. Incoming calls to the new PP number do not ring on the OBi attached phone. The caller hears two or three rings, then silence. The PP call log shows two or more "missed incoming calls" for each call attempt. I've tried removing and re-adding the OBi device, re-synching with PP, a factory reset of the OBi, and enabling SIP credentials on PP. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Taoman

What does your call history show when logging into the Obi itself?

Status>Call History

You may wish to install the PhonePower softphone on your computer and see if incoming calls will ring that UA.

Craig7777

Call history on the OBi shows no incoming calls.

Taoman

Quote from: Craig7777 on April 24, 2014, 02:14:13 PM
Call history on the OBi shows no incoming calls.

That indicates incoming calls are not reaching your Obi device. Again, I would install the PP softphone and see if that works. You need to isolate where the problem is.

You said it shows "Registered" on the Obi web portal. Does it also say registered on the Obi itself?

Status>System Status>SP1 Service Status

Did you port your phone number to PhonePower?

Craig7777

Yes, it also shows registered on the OBi.
No, I did not port my number, I got a new one. I was planning to add the new PP number to GV as a forwarding number, but I'm not able to "verify" it when my phone won't ring.
I have a feeling my router (D-Link DI-524) may be blocking traffic even though it worked fine with GV's XMPP. I don't see any options of disabling SIP ALG in the router settings, so I may have to switch routers.
I will also look at the softphone option (if it works, it's not the router?), but not tonight. I've been at this for about six hours now, and I need a break.
Thanks for your help, Taoman!!!