News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 has two MAC addresses?

Started by Craig7777, April 26, 2014, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig7777

I was doing some network investigation the other day, and noticed my router had assigned an IP address to a MAC address that I was unfamiliar with. I don't believe it was a wireless neighbor as I have a strong password, and the device did not show up on the wireless client list. The only wired devices were my PC and the OBi. I pinged the OBi's IP and the new IP successfully, then unplugged the OBi. Next ping failed. Is it possible that the OBi100 has two MAC addresses, and then requests two IP addresses from my router (like one for SP1 and another for SP2)? If so, I would have expected the MAC addresses to be similar, at least the first digits, as I would expect the same manufacturer.
Thanks!

Taoman

There is only one MAC address.

Status>System Status>WAN Status>MACAddress

giqcass

That's very strange but I agree with the previous post it isn't your Obi.  I see no possibility of a 1xx series Obi having more then 1 MAC address.  All VOIP providers share the same connection on your Obi.  They use different ports to make simultaneous connections. 
Long live our new ObiLords!