News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with callcentric

Started by homers54321, May 03, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homers54321

Hey all, im very new to this. Heres my situation:

Initially I had google voice set up on SP1 on my obi110. I tried to set up callcentric on SP2 but I kept getting "authorization error" so I decided to factory reset my obi. That did the trick and I successfully set up callcentric on SP1. SP2 is unused

However, when I try to call my free DID number from callcentric, my landline phone does not ring. The call shows up on my obi call history and callcentric.com history, but again no ring.

I followed the instructions on this thread EXCEPT for the google voice part: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.0

Do I need to set up GV forwarding for this to work? Again, im just trying to call my free DID number straight up

N7AS

Did you get a Free NY DID from Callcentric? Or, are you trying to call the 1777xxxxxxx Callcentric number? The 1777xxxxxxx number is your account number and not a phone number. To actually have an inbound number, you must order a Free NY DID. They will ask you if you will be using the service inside or outside the US. If you answer inside the US, they will add a $1.50 e999 fee per month, otherwise its Free. You then can add the NY DID as a forwarding number to Google Voice.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Taoman

Quote from: homers54321 on May 03, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

Do I need to set up GV forwarding for this to work? Again, im just trying to call my free DID number straight up

No, you wouldn't need to set up GV forwarding yet. You need to get a direct call to CC number working first. Have you restarted your Obi? After restart, does it show "registered" in Obi portal? Try making an outbound call. Of course you will get an error message but it would be helpful to know what the error message says. Even though the outbound call won't work you should still see it in your Callcentric account under "Calls Made" if your configuration is correct.

If you don't see the outbound call under "Calls Made" I would delete SP1 and start over using the Callcentric setup wizard in the Obi portal. I have found the wizard to be pretty bulletproof.

homers54321

Quote from: N7AS on May 03, 2014, 06:18:45 PM
Did you get a Free NY DID from Callcentric? Or, are you trying to call the 1777xxxxxxx Callcentric number? The 1777xxxxxxx number is your account number and not a phone number. To actually have an inbound number, you must order a Free NY DID. They will ask you if you will be using the service inside or outside the US. If you answer inside the US, they will add a $1.50 e999 fee per month, otherwise its Free. You then can add the NY DID as a forwarding number to Google Voice.

Yes i got a free NY number from CC. I am trying to call the free NY number but my landline does not ring. However, calls show up in the call history.

homers54321

Quote from: Taoman on May 03, 2014, 06:50:16 PM

No, you wouldn't need to set up GV forwarding yet. You need to get a direct call to CC number working first. Have you restarted your Obi? After restart, does it show "registered" in Obi portal? Try making an outbound call. Of course you will get an error message but it would be helpful to know what the error message says. Even though the outbound call won't work you should still see it in your Callcentric account under "Calls Made" if your configuration is correct.

If you don't see the outbound call under "Calls Made" I would delete SP1 and start over using the Callcentric setup wizard in the Obi portal. I have found the wizard to be pretty bulletproof.

Yes I have rebooted it and it says "   Registered (server=204.11.192.160:5060; expire in 31s)"
I tried making an outbound call even though i dont have a plan but nothing happens. No ring or error message.

Taoman

Quote from: homers54321 on May 04, 2014, 01:45:35 PM
Quote from: N7AS on May 03, 2014, 06:18:45 PM
Yes i got a free NY number from CC. I am trying to call the free NY number but my landline does not ring. However, calls show up in the call history.

You call it your "landline" phone. What kind of phone is it? And I assume it's directly connected to the phone port on your Obi? Any chance you could plug in a different phone to see if it makes any difference? And you are positive the phone isn't connected to the "line" port on your Obi110?

giqcass

Some basic things to check.

In Callcentric click
Preferences >>> DID forwarding
Make sure the phone number is forwarding to the default extension or all extensions.

In Callcentric click
Call Treatments
Make sure there is no call treatment that will block the call.

Log on the Physical Obi device using it's IP address.  Check the call history by clicking Staus >> Call History.  See if the Obi is receiving the call.
Long live our new ObiLords!