News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound configuration for Obi110=> clear info needed, please ??

Started by vtsnaab, May 04, 2014, 07:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

Before I ask I would like to thank the good folks here who are so willing to help those like myself who would be lost without their generous assistances - Thank You All !!!

I have an Obi110.
Soon I must change it's configuration on SP 1 & 2 for different services for inbound and/or outbound calls, and I think I have seen enough clear info to be able to do that part.

There has also been mention here of setting up additional outbound services via 'VG' settings - and I am very unclear about this as well as how it is done.

For example, I would like to set up CircleNet as an outbound-only pathway rather than using one of the SP's.

Would some kind person please explain clearly and simply how this may be done ??

Thank you.

vtsnaab

Thanks Very Much Azrobert:
Quote from: azrobert on May 04, 2014, 09:37:20 PM
See my post here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7614.msg49062#msg49062
Quoting the mentioned posting:
QuoteI use CircleNet only for outbound calls, so I defined them on Voice Gateway #2.
Here is how to do it:

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port DigitMap:
8xxxxxxxxxx|

It should look like this:
(8xxxxxxxxxx|...........current rules..........)

Add to the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRute:
{(Mvg2):vg2},

Service Providers -> Gateways and Trunk Groups -> Voice Gateway 2
Name: CircleNet
AccessNumber: sp1(outbound.circlenet.us)
DigitMap: (<8:1>xxxxxxxxxx)
AuthUserID: Your_UID
AuthPassword: Your_PW

SP1 must be defined as SIP.

Dial 84805551212 and 14805551212 will be sent to CircleNet.

I've had a very good experience with CircleNet.  I've only made a few test calls with CircleNet because I'm still using GV, but so far everything is working perfectly. I think they are really trying hard to be a good provider and I hope they survive. I had a CID problem and they fixed it immediately. Their rate to a Phoenix number is $.00471. This is the lowest rate I've seen. If you want a Pay As You Go plan I would take them up on their free $2 offer to check them out. Two dollars is over 400 minutes.
Great & very helpful info, thanks !!

I'm still uncertain if I comprehend enough of the Voice Gateway concept - especially as it may apply to the specs of my Obi110 - which are again very vague to me ??

Also, in your info Voice Gateway #2 is the focus - therefore I ask, what about Voice Gateway #1 ??
(Bearing in mind what I asked just above this and that when it comes to these Voice Gateways I am just about 100% ignorant...)

Thanks Again for being so patiently helpful !!!