News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help avoiding SIP scanner calls

Started by cjsag94, May 05, 2014, 10:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjsag94

Hello,

I am a simple home user, with an ObiHai 100 and Anveo service.  I have begun receiving what I now understand as the SIP scanner calls in the middle of the night.

I have reviewed http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7873.0 but can't seem to get it done correctly. 

I went into my ObiTalk Dashboard and then made my way to the ObiExpert configuration.  From there, the only thing I did was on the X_InboundCallRoute field, I unchecked the Device Default and ObiTalk settings boxes, and then manually entered the value.

I entered the following:
>('0755999999'):ph

I did enter my actual Anveo account number there.  I then saved the setting then made a test call.  Everything came through fine.  However, just to verify, I deleted the last number of my account number and tried again.  It still worked fine.  The only thing that had any effect was if I removed the ph at the end...then the call would not go through.

Any help would be appreciated on what, if anything, I need to do differently.  Also, how do I test if it works?

Thanks.

N7AS

You forgot the curly brackets. It should be {>('0755999999'):ph}

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

LorenzoA

according to obi support team, the value  should be as {(100|101|102):},{ph} to prevent calls from 100, 101, and 102. I set mine this way and so far it's working for me.

cjsag94

I linked the wrong thread that I was using (it was a link within the earlier link).

I followed method 4 in the following:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.msg35387#msg35387

I will add the curly brackets and check that out.

As for the method of blocking those specific numbers, the problem I have is it has shown up with various numbers, most recently 215, but a few the other day were in the 1000's.  So I'm opting for a more thorough blocking attempt.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

cjsag94

I added the curly brackets and calls went through.  I then removed the last digit of the account number, and calls did not go through.  So it appears to be screening calls.

Would anyone care to explain in lay terms what this configuration change does? 

I'm assuming the SIP scan calls bypass the Anveo system somehow, and so ObiTalk doesn't accept it because Anveo brings it in with my account number, but the SIP Scan calls don't have it.  Is that basically it?

giqcass

Before you make the changes the Obi will accept traffic from
anyusername@Your.ip.Adress:5060-5063

After the change it will only accept calls from user names that you defined in the inbound route. Like:
0755999999@Your.ip.Adress:5060

Since most people know sip usually use port 5060-5070 and they know some common extension like 101 and 1001 they simply send random request to IP addresses in the format
1001@random.ip.Adress:5060

They vary the ports from 5060-5070 and try different user names but chances are they will never guess your real user name and therefore never ring your phone after you make the change.
Long live our new ObiLords!