News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FWIW, I have created a Windows program to convert the CallHistory.xml file...

Started by Robert.Thompson, February 17, 2014, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: Mango on May 04, 2014, 08:59:29 AM

EDIT: Actually no it didn't.  All the phone numbers in the resulting .txt file are the same as the phone number of the most recent call. 

Hi Mango:

I have fixed that bug. It works correctly on my limited CallHistory.

I would appreciate it if you would check it out against your CallHistory and let me know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: mo832 on May 06, 2014, 07:39:21 AM
Robert.Thompson,

You did not address my question :) ? Can you explain how a 12kb pascal program turned into a 14mb executable?

Hi mo832:

Well I found the answer: I was including the debugging information in the .exe file.

The new version is now available and the .exe size has dropped from 14.9 MB to 2.3 MB.

I also improved the screen.

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

mo832

Quote from: Robert.Thompson on May 07, 2014, 07:12:30 AM
Quote from: mo832 on May 06, 2014, 07:39:21 AM
Robert.Thompson,

You did not address my question :) ? Can you explain how a 12kb pascal program turned into a 14mb executable?

Hi mo832:

Well I found the answer: I was including the debugging information in the .exe file.

The new version is now available and the .exe size has dropped from 14.9 MB to 2.3 MB.

I also improved the screen.

Rob.

That's a HUGE difference!

OK, another "ignorant" question here if I may...

Even 2.3 MB seems like a lot to come out of a smallish pascal source program. It grew over 200x in size. Do you (or anyone else reading this) have any insight into how this happens? Does it have anything to do with linking to libraries or loading in pre-compiled code? Even so, it seems like a more or less straightforward report generator program would not need to be over a MB of programming any way you slice it.
(just a note I am still referring to the GV version, not the Obi native version)

Robert.Thompson

Quote from: mo832 on May 07, 2014, 08:06:22 AM

(just a note I am still referring to the GV version, not the Obi native version)

Hi mo832:

About the size: Beats the hell out of me!

I will re-compile the GV program, without the debugging info, and update my DropBox.

Done! See: http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/program-total-google-voice-minutes/

(This program reads the out-load of your Google Voice history files and sticks them into a TAB delimited text file that can be read by most spread sheet programs.)

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)