News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink + Obi100 = Calls drop randomly

Started by Buckaboo, May 07, 2014, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckaboo

Hello, 

I know this has been discussed before and over at amazon.  I have done much troubleshooting trying to understand why my calls drop randomly with Obi100 and Vestalink.  I used to have Callcentric and calls dropped there too.   I submitted a ticket with Obihai and they weren't much help.  They blamed the issue on Callcentric and told me to call them.  Callcentric blames Obihai. 

So far here are the things I've tried. 

*Update Obi100 firmware to latest version.
*Disable SIP ALG on my Netgear router.
*Enable QoS on my Netgear router and set VOIP to the highest priority. 
*I bypassed the router and connected the Obi100 directly to my cable modem.

I am running out of ideas on what to try.  The calls seem to have no rhyme or reason as to when they drop.  Sometimes it's 5 min after a call starts and sometimes it is 45 min after a call starts. 

My Time Warner bandwidth is as follows:  20MB down and 2MB up.  I am attaching a few log details. 

RTP Statisticshelp
Parameter Name   SP1 Service Status
PacketsSent   91037
PacketsReceived   90815
BytesSent   15589880
BytesReceived   15617684
PacketsLost   0
Overruns   0
Underruns   7

Any clues?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

David

Rob702

I had exactly the same problem with my Netgear WNDR3800 and tried the same things, with the same lack of success. As a last resort, I installed the open source DD-WRT firmware on the router. It's worked perfectly with Vestalink ever since. If you don't know about DD-WRT, here's the link: http://www.dd-wrt.com