News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Change to non standard port like 5081 - asterisk

Started by Elviso, May 01, 2011, 04:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elviso

Dear All,

What other settings besides the SIP Proxy Server Port do I need to change to use a non standard registration port with asterisk?  I pretty much found anything that was 5060 and changed to my preference and I'm getting Register Failed: No Response From Server.  When I look at the asterisk cli there's no registration attempt.  It does work with 5060 (Obi) and any other ports work with Pap2 or Pap2v2 so I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance.

Elviso

ckleea

Not really sure about your question? But several things need to check
Once you change the listening port of your sip proxy server, need to restart the service
check your firewall and router access.

yhfung

Elviso,

Basically, the sip registration for OBi device is the same as Sipura/Linksys ATAs.

If you Asterisk box does not use the default number 5060, you have to adjust the binding port number in your Asterisk box.

What is the network relationship between your Asterisk box and Obi device? Are they on the same network segment? Or they are installed in different WAN IP?

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

Elviso

Hello YH and ckleea,

I fully understand that both ports (Obi and my pbx server) must be the same.  The Obi is a remote device (not inside my home).  As I mentioned when I change the default 5060 port on the Pap2 or Pap2v2 (with the corresponding change to the pbx) both Pap2 and Pap2v2 work fine.  The Obi on the other hand only works for 5060.  Therefore I surmised that something else has to be changed besides the SIP Proxy Server Port in the ITSP Profile A -> Sip.  All port forwarding rules encompass the correct port ranges and devices on my router.  It seems like an odd issue.

Elviso

RonR

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_UserAgentPort

yhfung

Elviso,

I am able to other port number 10002 to connect one of ITSP in China, please take a look at the following link, which I believe, gives you some idea how to set up your Obi device.

http://www.telecom-cafe.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3511

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

Elviso

Dear RonR,

Any other thoughts?  Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_UserAgentPort isn't it.  This can be set to anything and if I set the  ITSP Profile A -> Sip -> SIP Proxy Server Port to 5060 it works, if it's anything else does not work.

Maybe I need to call Obihai.

YH, I can get the obi working with 5060 so your link is not very helpful.  Maybe it's something with astersk 1.4, but considering that it works with the pap2 on port 5010, I just don't understand why the Obi doesn't work.

Elviso

obi-support2

You only need to change ProxyServerPort (change OutboundProxyPort and RegistrarServerPort also only if you use those servers). Not necessary to change X_UserAgentPort which is your OBi's own SIP listening port.

Please capture a debug log (syslog) from your OBi and check if the OBi is sending out SIP register messages to the expected address:port. There are two FAQ under OBiTALK.com/FAQ - Troubleshooting section on how to capture syslog from the OBi. Make sure to turn on all SIP debug messages.

You can post the log here or attached it to an email to support@obihai.com.

Thank you.
OBIHAI Support Staff