News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simultaneous ring on Obi and SIP Softphone

Started by Chuck_in_ABQ, May 10, 2014, 10:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_in_ABQ

I am in the process of transition from GV to a SIP provider. I tried (trial account) Switch2voip, and like with GV, I found that if my softphone on my tablet (Zoiper, was GrooveIP on GV) is logged in, then incoming calls only ring on the tablet, but not on the Obi. If I force exit Zoiper, then the Obi will ring.

This problem was solved on Obi (202, which I have) with the parameter X_GTalkSimultaneousRing. Is there a similar solution for SIP providers? Is this a problem with all providers, or just that I got unlucky with this provider?

Thanks
Chuck

Taoman

I believe it depends on the provider. Many require sub-accounts like Anveo and Callcentric. Two that don't require sub-accounts are Vestalink and PhonePower. PhonePower, for instance, allows up to 4 connected UAs that will all ring simultaneously. Vestalink allows at least 2......probably more.

vtsnaab

Just looked at the Switch2voip site and must confess confusion...
I see no mention of any free trial there, and not only does it say repeatedly that it is for businesses and/or call centers, but the smallest payment to just make an account is $25 via paypal ?!?

The site does mention that users can get a free DID and it seems obvious that an account must be required before one is able to get this.

Have I missed something here ??

Chuck_in_ABQ

They appear to be free DID, and pay for minutes, both incoming and outgoing it appears. I was asking questions on their chat system, and they offered a free 24-hour trial, sent me a password and account to test things out. They indicated that they do support residential, but they emphasize business on their web site. He claimed they do 911 as well, upon request. they also provide additional DID's upon request.

Have not made the switch yet. Thanks for info above on Vestalink and Phonepower allowing multiple simultaneous incoming. Subaccounts on Anveo were too expensive. I'll have to evaluate those two further.

Chuck