News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

phone power voip number field auto populates over 11 char limit on obitalk

Started by evergreen, May 11, 2014, 08:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evergreen

Hello.  I've been trying to setup my obitalk account with my phone power account but for some reason, after entering my phone power assigned number into the setup field in obitalk, obitalk tries to add "@sip.phonepower.com" to the end of the number.  Then I get an error bubble pointing to  that field indicating that I "must enter text with 11 characters or less".  When I try to manually remove the automatically added text, the field just repopulates with the text I just deleted. I feel like there's some serious oversight on my end as there seem to be many phone power and obitalk users here.  Thank you!

Taoman

Quote from: evergreen on May 11, 2014, 08:43:50 PM
obitalk tries to add "@sip.phonepower.com" to the end of the number. 

That's what's supposed to happen. Are you by any chance adding a "1" to your 10-digit PP phone number?

The format is: xxxxxxxxxx@sip.phonepower.com

evergreen

For some reason, when I tried using Internet Explorer, I got the error I initially described, but Chrome allowed me to keep the auto-populated information.  Thank you!

While on this topic, I was wondering if the same applies for the phone power username, as that field recommends the format " XXXXXXXX-sip.phonepower.com" but then when I enter the username, the field doesn't add "-sip.phonepower.com".

Taoman