News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phonepower setup getting "Register Failed: 403 From: URI not recognized "

Started by LifeHub, May 11, 2014, 09:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LifeHub

I tried setting up SP2 (Service Provider) with Phonepower and the system gave me the above message.  Has anybody run into this problem and know how to resolve it? 

Thanks in advance.

evergreen

have you tried resetting and resyncing your device as recommended here?  That worked for me.

MikePA

Quote from: LifeHub on May 11, 2014, 09:04:00 PM
I tried setting up SP2 (Service Provider) with Phonepower and the system gave me the above message.  Has anybody run into this problem and know how to resolve it? 
I could never get PP to work on SP2, had to set it up on SP1.

marke190

On May 7, 2014 I put PP on SP2 on my Obihai 110 so I could keep Google Voice on SP1 until I had confidence in PhonePower.  PP worked fine on SP2, and I deleted Google Voice on SP1, and made SP2 my default VoIP line.  Only other change I made was to set SP2 to use Ring Profile A, which is what my spouse was used to for incoming VoIP calls.

Two days later I started getting Registration Failed messages and went off the air.  Contacted PP support and they said to move PP to SP1 .  Didn't make sense to me, so I looked further before going through that upheaval.  I read on another thread about disabling ALG SIP in my router, but if there's a setting in Spanish for this in my TelMex EchoLife HG520b, I can't find it.  I did find the router's ACL (Access Control List) was activated for the LAN ports with a null range of IP addresses (0.0.0.0 - 0.0.0.0).  I deactivated ACL, and voila, my PP is registered and working again. No idea why it worked initially and then failed, since I didn't touch the router. We'll see how long it lasts now.

Again, Phone Power is working on SP2 on an Obihai 110.