News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No IP phone love with PhonePower and Cisco SPA525G2

Started by philc, May 12, 2014, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philc

I just moved over from a longtime GV setup to using PhonePower on an OBi110.  Most of the configuration is working, but there is a significant hole:  Receiving calls via IP results in dead air to both sides (waiting 30-60 seconds doesn't help either...still silence).

I configured PhonePower via their web page to use the forwarding option for ringing multiple phones (one to my cell and the other to "My Phone" which routes to my Cisco IP phone).  Obi has SP1 pointed at PhonePower with SP2 pointing to the Cisco SPA525G2 phone.

Dialing my # results in a ringing of the two lines as expected.  However, if I pickup the line from the IP phone, it fails 100% of the time.

What works:

1.  Outgoing calls
2.  Incoming calls where they are answered on the Phone Port connected to the Obi device (incoming SP1->ph, SP2(...)).
3.  Incoming calls answered on my cell phone.

One of the more important clues relating to the failure is when I disable the PhonePower forwarding option and have it go straight to my assigned number.  This configuration works perfectly:  I can pickup the Cisco IP phone and the connection is in place!  If I enable PP forwarding, even if it's solely to the PhonePower phone number, it fails.  This makes me believe I have the basics setup correctly since it can and does work with both incoming and outgoing calls (except when forwarding capability is enabled at PhonePower's switch far away from my local configuration).

I contacted PhonePower at first since the forwarding option was implicated.  After a few days and reaching Level 2 support, they confirmed by reviewing their logs during the failure that the connection is occurring successfully through their network.  Since the OBi is successful receiving calls on the Phone Port but not IP (e.g., SP2), the supposition is there is a problem in the OBi configuration.  Perhaps PhonePower is throwing the OBi a "curve ball" in the forwarding case; it appears the IP bridging aspect of the OBi is somehow affected (perhaps timing?) by the forwarding vs. non-forwarding scenario.

I have tried a bunch of different settings based on obi forum (and general internet) recommendations:  STUN server, keep alive, OBi in DMZ, port forwarding 5060-5061 and RTP Ports, port 5064 on the cisco in both directions, SymmetricRTPEnable, ICEEnable, PublicIPAddress, resetting OBi tons of times, re-provisioning OBi with PhonePower, and probably a few others I missed (I usually did these one at a time fwiw).  I mostly left the PhonePower A Profile SIP settings alone in my testing.

I uploaded a pdf screen capture of all my relevant settings to the following url:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4ePrqnUXP8bTTU0eDhkX19ZSEk/edit?usp=sharing

Any thoughts on how I can attempt to resolve this issue are most appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

cluckercreek

You stated you had reset the Obi several times. Was this with the hard reset on the bottom of the unit? If not, take a paper clip and hold for several seconds till the light flashes fast. I can't remember which one it is but the instructions are in the box for such a reset.