News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 hangs up on Enterphone 2000

Started by Chrysogonus, May 13, 2014, 04:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrysogonus

My apartment building uses an intercom system (an Enterphone 2000) that allows us to open the front door; it uses the telephone wiring, but is independent of the phone provider. Everything works fine if someone calls from downstairs with my phone plugged directly into the jack; but if it is running through my OBi110, I hear nothing if I pick up the phone, and downstairs it appears as if I never picked up the phone at all (it simply keeps ringing and eventually gives up). The Call History shows this:

Terminal ID   LINE1   PHONE1
Peer Name      
Peer Number      
Direction   Inbound   Inbound
17:55:56   Ringing   
17:56:00      Call Connected
17:56:02   End Call

I've tried many different combinations of settings under Physical Interfaces > Line > PSTN Disconnect Detection, but nothing seems to have an effect. Any ideas out there?

Phillip

Hi Crys,

I have no idea. Put a splitter in the phone jack. Run one line to the Obi and the other to a separate handset. Use a cheapo phone with a distinctive ring. When someone needs entry, only the new phone will ring.

Sorry. That's the best I've go to offer right now. Good luck.
Obi100, sp1 Anveo, sp2 Alcazar Networks Toll Free Terminal provider, Cisco Gigabit modem, TP-Link router/switch

Mango

Have you already tried the following?

DetectCPC: (unchecked)
DetectPolarityReversal: (unchecked)
DetectDisconnectTone: (unchecked)
OnHookSpeed: 26 ms (Australia)

Does the OBi110's phone port work if configured for a VoIP provider?

MurrayB

Phillip's solution is a really simple and elegant solution. If you do not feel like answering the door or telling people to go away just ignore it. You know for sure that the ring is the front door without having to even checking caller ID.

Good Luck!