News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't change digitmap

Started by cj4331, May 13, 2014, 05:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cj4331

I access the obi100 directly via ip address.  change the digit map and save it but it always changes back.  Ideas?

I use Phonepower on sp1
nothing on sp2

If I turn off OBiTalk Provisioning it will stay--do I need to use the obitalk web site?  The only way to change the digit map the obitalk web site is via expert mode but that doesn't stay either for some reason.

Shale

drgeoff

Quote from: cj4331 on May 13, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on May 13, 2014, 05:23:41 PM
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

doesn't help.  I've used expert mode it doesn't stay either.
Hmm!  Does PhonePower 'hijack' provisioning?  When you access the OBi's local web server what have you got in System Management/AutoProvisioning/ITSP Provisioning and OBiTALK Provisioning?

cj4331

Does PhonePower 'hijack' provisioning?  Don't think so as Obitalk say Phonepower is on sp1 and is registered.

When you access the OBi's local web server what have you got in System Management/AutoProvisioning/ITSP Provisioning and OBiTALK Provisioning?

Auto Firmware update, periodically 86400, IF ( $FWV < 1.3.0.2824 ) FWU http://fw.obihai.com/OBi-1-3-0-2824.fw

ITSP Provisioning System Start, 0, ftp://sdhcpopt66/SDm.xml

ObiTalk Provisioning, Periodically, 86400, SYNC -A=aes -K=$SPRM0 -IV=$SPRM1 http://devpfs.obitalk.com/obhsnprov/devprofs .......etc.

If I set the digitmap on the obi100 locally it changes back at reboot.  if it set it with obitalk expert--save it--then even reboot the obi100 it never makes it.

Shale

When you press Submit in Expert Mode, it should do its own reboot within a minute. You can probably watch the indicators on the phone, or certainly you could watch OBi lights.

If that does no happen, then I would think there could be a communication problem. On the other hand, maybe something else is going on.

cj4331

When I hit submit in expert mode I see no activity on the obi100
The expert mode site responds with "Successfully saved OBi Expert config to OBiTALK."

Is there any real need to have the obi100 in connection with obitalk.  How about I leave provisioning disabled and just make changes to the device directly?  At least that works and it's a whole lot less complicated.

giqcass

I have never used the portal.  It is not needed for anything but the Approved Service Provider Setup and remote management.  In the short term there is no reason why you need to remain connected to the portal.  The only Possible problem I see is if a change is made to Phonepowers settings you will not be updated automatically.  You could re-enable the connection if that were to happen or make changes manually.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Shale

I do use the portal. It also provides a convenient interface to handle things like quickdial numbers (you get a description field). IMO all of the things that you can do without the "Expert" mode are simpler. This includes setting up 7-digit dialing, setting which SP is the default, setting which SP handles 911, and if you have an OBi202, which phone(s) ring on a call.

AFAIK, the approved provider setup only matters when you first set things up with an SP. I am thinking that other things, such as the step to take for SIP scanner prevention, are only done if you delete the SP in OBiTalk and set it up again. For setup of SIP providers that are not on the list (called 'Generic Service Provider), the portal does help set up the generally required items in a way that requires less knowledge.

There are reasons to not use OBiTalk. IMO the danger that they get hacked and send bad things to your OBi is not just paranoia. There are people who would like to do that, and hackers have done bad things that others thought were not a concern.

It is true that the ones who don't use the portal are generally more knowledgeable on how to accomplish even slightly unusual things. And they tend to be a lot more helpful than those who have never used the direct interface.

I use the portal, because it's easier for some things. I generally only go to the direct interface to see the logs. If I hear of the first actual hacking of an OBi via OBiTalk, I will look to change. In the mean time, I opt for the simpler way. What is nice is that I could change at any time.