News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My switch to PhonePower FAIL

Started by TheDreamer, May 14, 2014, 03:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDreamer

So, I held off until starting the switch until after I called my Mother for Mother's Day.

I had decided before hand that I was going to go with PhonePower's Lite plan.

So, I go to the ObiTalk dashboard, and select to signup with Phone Power....guess I jumped the gun on having it replace the Google Voice setup.... on my 202....I had settings in there for all four slots, though I had let services with two of them expire and the 3rd had ceased service...so I couldn't cleaned up and used one of those. (which I did after I finished....so now there's nothing setup for my 202...)

I then did the PhonePower sign up....picked a number, plan to just add them as another phone number under my Google Voice account... since the purpose of the 202 was mainly to easily use Google Voice for outgoing calls.  Guess it, still since I have prepaid cell phones under the google voice account...whether I call through GV or have GV call me before calling....it costs me (though originally, I had a cell where incoming calls were free....)

Anyways....I complete the 1 order of service for my 202, and later receive 1 confirmation of order.  But, nothing further...and trying to sign in with my username and password results in failure.

Then I just got a voicemail on Google Voice....they're claiming that I submitted two completely identical orders at the same time and they need me to change everything in the second order before they'll process my orders.

Oh well.... maybe I don't really need anything after all.

I also had an 110, which I was having it failover to a bluetooth tether to prepaid cell.  Which I replaced with an AT&T Wireless Home Phone unit...that I had purchased long before I knew that Google Voice was going to go away....just held off switching to it until now.  Haven't decided what I'll do with the other Google Voice number...the only calls I should get are from automated storm alert services....or its where one of my cellphones forwards to instead of its own voicemail service, for when my main google voice number fails to detect that its time to send the caller to itself. (had tried forwarding the cell back to same Google Voice...but Google Voice would try ringing all my phones again first....)

Which is especially annoying if I was ignoring the call the first time around....

OTOH, I had thought that when I freed up the 110, that I would move it to try faxing over VoIP....but that's why I had selected PhonePower to replace GoogleVoice on my 202.

The Dreamer.