News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

defauly sp2 to outbound calls?

Started by cootees, May 14, 2014, 06:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cootees

I'm trying to setup my obi100 to use callcentric forwarded to gv for my incoming calls and circlenet.us for my outbound. Right now callcentric is in sp1 and working properly for incoming. Circlenet is on sp2. The problem is when I can't dial out. I have switched them around and can dial out using circlenet on sp1 but then I can't recieve calls on sp2.

Is there an option hidden somewhere to set sp2 as the default for outbound calls or am I doing something wrong?

cootees

I also happened to notice that in the system status... sp1 shows that is it registered but sp2 is trying to connect to the same IP as sp1 is registered to when I distinctly have the proper domains input in both sp1 and sp2

AlanB

CircleNet does not require registration.  My CircleNet SP1 reads "Registration Not Required".  Have you made a successfull call on CircleNet yet.  If not, maybe you don't have it set up quite right, or there may be a problem on the CircleNet end.  That happened to me, but they quickly fixed the problem when I contacted them.

cootees

Yes, when I switched circlenet to sp1 I could successfully make calls but I was not able to receive any calls with callcentric... switched it around again(callcentric sp1, circlenet sp2) and I could receive calls but not make them. It's like sp1 is the only one working.

AlanB

Gotcha.

There might be some setting in SP1 that's causing the problem.  I'm no expert on those matters, but it might be worthwhile to try a factory reset.

drgeoff

Yes there is an option to set the default SP for outgoing calls.  It is called 'PrimaryLine'. It is in Physical Interfaces/Phone Port on the device's local web pages and probably also in Expert Configuration. I don't know if it is on the basic OBiTALK interface.