News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't call forward with iptel on obi 202

Started by ralphldcm, May 18, 2014, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphldcm

I am using an obi 202 with incoming calls using an ipkall number pointing to iptel (sip.iptel.org) and my obi set to receive calls from iptel. In general everything works fine. If I set the "iptel forward" to go to voicebox (or to both voicebox and voice2email) I get the prompt to enter a voicemail as I should. However, if I log into my account on the iptel web site, go to Account>forward and set "forward on no answer" to 1xxxyyyzzzz, it sets the the field to sip:1xxxyyyzzzz@iptel.org . When I dial my ipkall number from my cell phone, don't answer the obi phone, and wait for the ring timer to time out, I get a busy signal instead of the call being forwarded.

1. I would like to know if the iptel web site is putting the correct information in the "forward field" to forward the request-to-call-another-number to my obi 202.  It seems to me that iptel needs to know my obi URL in order to send the request ti it.  Maybe it already has the obi URL, since calling my ipkall/iptel number gets a request forwarded to the obi, and everything works.
    2. I would appreciate any help in getting call forwarding on iptel to work.