News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to access my iptel voicemail from from obi 202 and from dumb cell phone

Started by ralphldcm, May 18, 2014, 04:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphldcm

I am using an ipkall number pointing to sip.iptel.org to handle incoming calls on my obi 202.  I am trying to get the iptel voicemail and call forwarding to work.  First, the voicemail.  On the iptel web site I have Account>forward set to Voicebox.  When I call my ipkall/iptel number and let it ring until timeout, I get the prompt for entering voicemail--as I should.  I have set up a star code to access the iptel voicebox, which calls the number "1000" (the iptel voicebox access number), because the obi 202 won't let me call that number directly.

1.  After I leave a voicemall I call 1000 and get the message: "There are no messages in your voicebox".  Can anybody tell me why I get this message, when I just left a voicemail in my voicebox?

2. I also want to access my iptel voicemail from my dumb cell phone.  If I dial my ipkall/iptel number and press * to access voicemail (like on a lot of other voicemails such as google's), it just continues to ring.  Same with #.  So dialing my own number doesn't work directly.  However, with all the flexible features of the obi, I think I should be able to have a setting whereby I can call my ipkall/iptel number, press * or # while it is ringing, and enter a *code (or something else) that will call the "1000" voicebox access number.  Can anybody tell me how to do this?