News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202, switched from GV to Anveo and have issues with call flow builder

Started by Chris_L, May 20, 2014, 01:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_L

Hi, I ported my GV number to anveo, have an account and for the most part all is well.  However I cannot find documentation on the Anveo site explaining simple configurations for their visual call flow builder utility.  Seems like it's written for knowledgeable VoIP people....which I am not.  I am having problems with the following:

Under SIP control in the call flow builder:
*setting up my own greeting for voicemail once it rings through.  I've loaded my own .wma file under Call Announcement under the Playback Audio Recording button.  It is not activating.  I have been validating/saving my changes.

Under Goodies in the call flow builder:
*Tried setting up vmail access from 3 phones, none of which work.  I'm prompted to enter an ID of sorts and a password.  I have my home phone set up next to "2.", have entered a secret key and have a 4 digit code listed to access "goodies".  I try entering my secret key and the 4 digit goodies access code but get no where.  I also tried the bypass function under Advanced and that worked, but it allowed any caller access to my voicemail and not the numbers I had listed for access in Goodies.

Looking at the call flow widgets it looks like there are a lot of cool things to configure but there are no supporting documents.  It appears that they were written for people in the industry and not a casual owner looking for inexpensive phone options :)

Any help with pointers would be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to know if anyone has found the documentation for these widgets as well.

Thanks, Chris

MikeHObi

When uploading files, make not note of the maximum file size.  Call Announcement has a maximum of 7,000,000 bytes or 6835.94KB or 6.67MB.  Smaller size files make much more sense as it can take quite a while for the file to upload and Anveo to process it.  Don't close any windows when you upload.

The "Secret Key" is a key you can press to be prompted to enter a code to access the goodies.
The CallerID match is values to enter that will bypass the secret key check and simply prompt you to enter the pin for the Goodies menu.

Here is how I understand the Goodies work.

Call comes in and if CallerID matches one of the 3 options, you will be prompted to enter your 4 digit pin code for the goodies menu.
Call comes in and if callerID doesn't match one of the 3 options the system waits to detect FAX or the "Secret Key"
If you press the "Secret Key" you will be prompted to enter a goodies pin code.

By default, once you enter the goodies pin code you will then be dumped at the Goodies main menu.  There I believe you have to enter 1, 2, or 3 where 1 lets you make a call out (out-dial) 2 lets you listen to your voice mail and 3 which is not supported yet.  On the Advanced tab you can change the default menu you get dumped into after entering the goodies pin code.

After you press 2, or you configure it to dump you into Voice mail then the voice mail system may further prompt you based on your configuration.  It may prompt you for the voicemail Box number, and the Voicemail Access Password for that voicemail box.  Those are configured when you setup the VoiceMail profile on the Phone Access Tab.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Chris_L

Thank You Mike.  I found the problem .  

When I call my home phone, the ring tone I hear when calling is 3 rings--pause--3rings--pause, etc.  I have to let the first 3 rings complete before pressing the secret key.  I can then access goodies.  

Interestingly enough, once I got this working a new bug appeared.  When someone calls there is 5 seconds of dead space between the system picking up and the phone being active.  When I call my home phone from my cell I can hear my wife in the other room saying hello after picking up the phone, but the phone is still ringing on my end.  5 seconds go by and then we connect.  Happened on other incoming calls too.  Delay in the Call Flow Builder is set to 1sec.  I guess I have a new thing to figure out :)

Shale

Consider getting rid of goodies. It listens to see if the incoming call is a fax, and that takes time.

Chris_L

I got the delay squared away.  I had gone into Obi and changed some of the configurations for calling in/out on SP1 and SP2 to match what was in the google-anveo change faq and that had an effect.  I set it back to the original settings that I had, rebooted the ObiHai, and was good to go.

I like the call flow builder.  Just wish it had better documentation to go with all the widgets. 

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys.  I appreciate your time and input.

AlanB

Did you see the following documentation on the Call Flow Builder:

https://www.anveo.com/business/features.asp?code=ivrcallflow

Also, here's a call flow I created to screen unwanted (but not yet blocked) callers

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7879.msg51233#msg51233