News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 interprets entered phone button incorrectly

Started by antony66, May 17, 2014, 03:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antony66

Hi - I'm new to OBi and just installed it with PhonePower service 1 week ago and I'm having an issue.

The issue is when I make a call from home using OBi to join  a meeting running at work - as WebEx or GoToMeeting -  and the system asks for password in order to let me join the meeting, and when I enter a password - as 12345 -the system says that I entered the wrong number even though the entered number is correct

ex: Password to join the meeting: 12345
System: "Please enter your password to join the meeting"
User : (enters 12345)
System: "You entered 35124. Password incorrect"

It looks as OBi capture the entered numbers and pass them to GoToMeeting system, but not in the original order.

Thanks for any help

drgeoff

There is a setting DTMFMethod in Service Providers/ITSP Profile A (or B as appropriate)/General. Try setting to Inband. I'm not sure if that is accessible from the basic configuration at OBiTALK. You may need the Expert Configuration or use the device's local web server. Be sure to heed http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

antony66

Thank you very much. I did what you suggested and it's working correctly now

ToddB

Please let me know if this keeps working for you.

I also have a separate thread here on this issue and setting it to Inband works for a while, but I now have to reboot my 202 every morning to get it to work again.  It will work for a few calls and then, some hours later, will not work again (work=post-connect conference IDs are interpreted correctly).

Very frustrating - I don't understand why the setting cannot be retained. Something seems to flip the value.

-Todd

antony66

it's been 1 week since I set this Inband value, and everything seems to be working fine. Let me know if you need a screen shots of my OBi202 configuration, unfortunately that's all what I can offer as I have no clue how these things works

drgeoff

Quote from: ToddB on May 22, 2014, 05:03:08 PM
I don't understand why the setting cannot be retained. Something seems to flip the value.

Do you actually see the setting changed away from Inband or do you mean that it is as if the setting was changed away?

ipse

Quote from: ToddB on May 22, 2014, 05:03:08 PM
Very frustrating - I don't understand why the setting cannot be retained. Something seems to flip the value.

Just throwing out an idea: did you make the change from ObiTalk or from device? If the later, Obitalk will overwrite it at some point.
I have never had a config item revert on me...but I don't use ObiTalk anymore.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

ToddB

I've been on Vestalink for 6 weeks or so now and had only used ObiTalk for configuration where the setting has been Inband for a while now (the setting when I call it up didn't flip - just the behavior).

I used the web management interface just now for the first time (by calling up the Obi IP address) and changed the setting to from Auto to Inband. I'll see if I'm now able to enter conference codes without rebooting every morning.

So, should I stay away from the Obitalk Expert Config now that I'm on Vestalink and just use the web management interface instead?

Thanks,
Todd

Shale

Quote from: ToddB on May 27, 2014, 11:19:18 PM

So, should I stay away from the Obitalk Expert Config now that I'm on Vestalink and just use the web management interface instead?

No.