News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi-100 & Router Resetting

Started by rodan, May 25, 2014, 07:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodan

Where I live, I get the occasional electric power outage.

If I need to reset my Obi-100, ( unplug the ac adapter from the back of it ) and,
my router ( unplug the ac adapter from the back of it)

what is the correct sequence?

Should I " reset "  the router first
then the Obi-100?  or vice versa?

thank you

Mango

The correct sequence is to reboot the router first, and then only if necessary the OBi100.

However, it should not be necessary to reboot any equipment after a power outage.  If your OBi doesn't work after rebooting your router and waiting a few minutes, post more details here and we can help you fix it.  If your router won't operate after a power outage, you may wish to post in a networking forum such as DSLReports for more help.

rodan

Ok, reboot router first, then, the Obi, if necessary.

I've used the Obi with GV for almost a year and a half, and, presently on PP.

Rarely have I had to reboot these devices, but, I have. 

I just couldn't remember which of the two devices to reboot first. I have been doing it
in the procedure you mention.

If I do have any problems with connectivity that relates to the router, I will check out
dsl forums.  Everything actually works pretty good right now. We had some storms come through, a couple of weeks ago, that caused some internet connectivity problems.

Thank you.

zorlac

A cheap UPS powering just the Modem, Router & Obi makes for a lot less headaches over time.