News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet for incoming calls

Started by mykmayk, May 28, 2014, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykmayk

can CircleNet be used for inbound calls? i was planning on using IPKall to forward to CircleNet. outgoing calls are fine using CircleNet but i'm unable to get incoming calls to work on it.

is it even possible to receive calls on the CircleNet network?
əʞɪɯ mɪke

AlanB

azrobert

You can try pointing IPKall directly to the OBi.
You point IPKall to your public IP address and UserAgent port number of the OBi SP trunk used for Circlenet like this:
anything   @   xx.xx.xx.xx:5061

xx.xx.xx.xx is your public IP address
5061 points to SP2

If you block scanners by using a UserID, setup IPKall like this:
UserID   @   xx.xx.xx.xx:5061

If you don't know your public IP address go here:
http://whatsmyip.org/

In your router you have to port forward the UserAgent and RPT ports to the OBi's IP address.

The range of RTP ports can be found here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile X -> RTP
LocalPortMin: xxxxx
LocalPortMax: xxxxx

That's 99 port numbers, so use Port Range Forwarding in your router.

If your ISP assigns dynamic public IP addresses and you have a power outage your public IP address might change.

mykmayk

Quote from: azrobert on May 29, 2014, 11:18:35 AM
You can try pointing IPKall directly to the OBi.

thanks azrobert.  but i couldn't get it to work. i forwarded ipkall to my ip.add.re.ss:5060 (since circlenet is on sp1).  on my router, i forwarded 5060 UDP to the local ip of my obi100.  i also forwarded range 16600-16998 UDP to the same local ip of the obi100.  (i even put the obi100 on dmz.)  but no luck.

i called the ipkall number but it didn't ring.
əʞɪɯ mɪke

gderf

You are not alone. azrobert spent a lot of time with me trying to get this to work here too, but it just didn't. I was able to get the phone to ring on an incoming call, but there was either one way audio or no audio at all. No combination of port forwards and using stun servers could get it to work.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

Worst case scenario should be the phone ringing with audio problems like gderf.

Did you alter SP1's X_InboundCallRoute? If yes, for a test set it to default of ph

mykmayk

thanks again azrobert
i had it at default obitalk setting. no luck
i also tried it with just ph. still no luck
i even tried it on sp2 instead of sp1. i surrender  :(
əʞɪɯ mɪke

Sam_from_CircleNet

Just a heads up here from CircleNet, we now offer inbound DIDs :-). Availability depends on your state so send an email to sales@circlenet.us if your interested in getting inbound service through our network.

We charge $2.25 + $0.002 per minute for a DID + taxes/fees depending on your state.

Thanks,
Sam