News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP Credential, AuthPassword doesn't "stick" or is reset

Started by Bubba947, June 07, 2014, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba947

Hi,

Ported two GVoice numbers to Anveo. Worked through most of the config issues. One remains (although there seems also to be a porting issue, not related to Anveo, see another thread I'm about to open): My SIP Credential, AuthPassword doesn't seem to stick.

Starting state: Can't dial out.
The number you dialed xxxxx was rejected by the service provider, reason is 407.

Anveo confirms that 407 indicates an authorization failure.

Temporary fix:

Get the Anveo sub-account (for me, this is a subaccount) login information here:
https://anveo.com/users.asp > Action (associated with the sub-account) > Preferences > SIP Device Registration. Copy the username and password.

Set the AuthPassword (in my case, the AuthUserName does persist) here:
http://obideviceip > Voice Services > SP1 Service, SIP Credentials section, Parameter Name: AuthPassword.

Submit. Reboot. And wait a wihle.

For a time, I can dial out. Just now it failed after about five minutes. I've had it last hours, I think, in the past.

I have tried setting it in ObiTalk, but maybe I'm not doing it right. In any case, I haven't done it right or it doesn't work there if that's what is somehow updating my local configiuration ... pulling config data from ObiTalk? Anyhow ....

Help?

c3c3

I have always configured through obitalk.com.  If you want to configure locally, you have to disable remote configuration.

drgeoff

Bubba947

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is not an ObiTalk vs. Obi device conflict issue. I have attempted the following in multiple combinations, order, etc. and the problem still remains:

* Disable automatic provisioning.
* Setting the Anveo password in ObiTalk.
* Setting the Anveo password in the Obi device (and rebooting).
* Unplugging/plugging in the Obi device.

From all appearances all settings are sticking when submitted and then the device is rebooted except for this password.

IF the Anveo password "takes" after setting it from the device and rebooting, it will work for a while and then stop.

Shale

I suggest that you use the "Expert mode" on ObiTalk to enter your username and password for the SP that stops working for you.

If this is unacceptable for you, I suggest you change the password on your OBi device and don't tell OBiTalk about the change.

Don't forget what you changed it to.