News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot get "Add device" to work

Started by lakesidepark, July 26, 2014, 06:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakesidepark

Hi

Using OBI200.  Tried 2 different configurations.  First tried wired connect to my home network.  Was able to do **9 222 222 222 call.  The "Add device" process timed out.  Then tried wifi method -connected OBIwifi to the 200 on my home network.  Same result.  Went to 2 other neighbors wifi networks (different modems, routers, service providers) and was able to get Wifi to work to make **9 222 222 222 call and obtain IP address but not able to complete the "Add device" process.  Followed http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/adddev and that did not help.  So that makes 4 different ways I tried to get add device to work and was unsuccessful in each attempt.  Have one more place to try and complete the add device process.  If it fails there I will have to return both units.

I have read a little about firewalls being a problem.  I have a linksys WRT54G router and westell 2200  DSL modem in my house. Not sure what the configurations in the other 2 houses I tried are.  Messing with the firewall settings is more than I would like to attempt.  Maybe this device is just too complicated to me to use.

Any suggestions before I give up and return the items?

gderf

Just keep trying, you wouldn't be the first who needed multiple attempts in a row to get the device added.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

azrobert

If it continues to fail you can try a Factory Reset.
There is an access hole on the bottom of the OBI.
Press the reset button with a paper clip and hold until the OBi starts to re-boot.

If that fails to help you can open an OBihai support ticket here:
http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketFormA

You should be able to use the OBi without adding it to OBiTalk.
You just won't be able to configure it with OBiTalk.
I see by one of your previous posts you have a GoogleVoice account.

Log directly into your OBi with the Web interface to configure it for GV.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General
SignalingProtocol: Google Voice

Click Submit on the bottom of the page

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
AuthUserName: username@gmail.com
AuthPassword: GV_PW

Click Submit

Click Reboot on the top right of page.

Wait for the re-boot
Click Status
Click System Status
SP1 status should be "Connected"