News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi and Oooma together

Started by jjk99, June 12, 2014, 04:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk99

I was using Obi and GV together until the big "scare" of GV xmpp service turn off and then purchased an Ooma and have been using that as my primary home phone voip service.  I still use GV as my home phone but have it ring to my Ooma number and so I can still screen calls and if I want to have my GV home number appear on dial out, I just dial it and the GV auto-attendent will allow me to place a call.  My question is whether there are interesting useful ways to connect and make the GV and Ooma work together and if there is anything I could read to help me understand how that would work. 

Usetheforceobiwan

Assuming you have an Obi110, there are lots of things you could do - call forking, forwarding, allowing friends with Obi's to access your Ooma from elsewhere, use of a softphone client to access your Ooma from a remote location....the list goes on and on.  Just do a forum search for Ooma or Vonage and the topics that interest you and I am sure you will find lots of examples of what can be done.