News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Poor Outbound Call Quality

Started by MikeHObi, June 16, 2014, 02:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeHObi

My mother was reporting some call problems so I gave her a call.  She is using an Obi100.

When she answered the call I could hear issues, but when asked she said the call sounded nice and clear on her end.  I assume the issue thus is on sending the data, not in the receiving of the data.  What I was hearing was intermittent periods of garbled talking and at times dropped sounds for up to 20 seconds where I would have to have her repeat what she said.

Attach is a screen shot I took of the call status on her obi during that call.  Does this status screen indicate the types of problems I was hearing?  I ask because it could be her handset acting up as well.

PoorQualityCall by mike8675309, on Flickr
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

drgeoff

Those figures do show some problems* but if the quality you are investigating is from your mother to you, shouldn't you be looking at the status screen of your Obi?

(* I'm not convinced they are bad enough to account for periods of 20 seconds of dropped sound.)

MikeHObi

Quote from: drgeoff on June 16, 2014, 03:05:29 PM
Those figures do show some problems* but if the quality you are investigating is from your mother to you, shouldn't you be looking at the status screen of your Obi?

(* I'm not convinced they are bad enough to account for periods of 20 seconds of dropped sound.)

It was going from some connection.  I initiated the call from my office with google voice which called my desk phone (connected through a PBX tied to phone lines via ATM networks) and then it rang my mom's DID which Anveo holds which they they routed to the OBI.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.