News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and VOIPo SIP Configuration

Started by khantpr, May 06, 2011, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khantpr

I have set-up by OBi110 using Google Voice(GV) as SP1 and everything is working fine as intended including incoming, outgoing and international calling using GV account for last few months.

The problem I have now is that I am trying to set-up my VOIPo SIP Account on SP2 but I am seeing "Register Failed: 401" instead of "Connected"(see screenshots).  I am using the SIP information provided by VOIPo as below and inputting it in Obi as shown in screenshot.

SIP configuration information:
SIP Server: sip.voipwelcome.com
Username: (SIP Account Username)
Password: (SIP Account Password)

Has anyone been able to successfully get this VOIPo SIP to work with OBi110 for incoming calls on SP2?

If the above proposed set-up works, I would like to stop the forwarding VOIPo number to GV for incoming calls and avoid 2 hops. The number with VOIPo is something I have had for roughly 15 years and I would like to keep that number for incoming calls(in case if someone is thinking why do I need this set-up with VOIPo and GV if everything with GV is working fine).

Any suggestions welcome...

RonR

You might try verifying the following settings in the OBi itself:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> SignalingProtocol : SIP

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.voipwelcome.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (SIP Account Username)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (SIP Account Password)

Are  you sure you're supposed to set Outbound Proxy Server and URI?

khantpr

I am not sure if I need to set Outbound Proxy Server and URI but I did it anyway...if you experts think it may be something that is hurting this config then I can remove it and leave it blank. I am technical enough to be dangerous but dont know much about SIP and VOIP stuff.

RonR

I suspect these should be left blnk (especially URI).  Try that and see if you do better.

khantpr

I cleared Outbound Proxy Server and URI fields and now I see it as "Registered" on SP2 using VOIPo credentials and SIP information above. Thats better than "Register Failed: 401" error. I will try to call my VOIPo number and do some tests and see how things work it. Thanks a lot RonR.

RonR

Great!

I've never needed a URI parameter, but I think it overrides your SIP username, which would account for the 401 error.

khantpr

I cleared Outbound Proxy Server and URI fields in my Obi110 and they are now blank and saved configuration and now I see it as "Registered" on SP2 using VOIPo credentials and SIP information above and everything is working as expected.

So now I have my Google Voice on SP1 and available for both incoming and outgoing(including outbound international calls).
I have VOIPo account set-up for incoming only using the SIP info and my credentials on SP2.

I am happy camper now...