News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can receive calls but cannot dial out

Started by daisi, June 21, 2014, 12:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisi

Hi,

I can receive calls on my Obi just fine, but when I try to dial out, I get a dial tone, I dial, and then nothing happens. It finishes dialing, and then there's just silence - no ringing in my phone or on the other end. There's just silence. So I cannot dial out. What can I do? This has been a problem for months!

drgeoff

There are many clever people on this forum but very few, if any, clairvoyants.  You'll need to give a LOT more details of your setup.

daisi

That was not a very nice post!

I am using a Obi110. It's plugged into a Cisco router. There are no particular settings on my router - but the Obi is plugged in directly to the router. I'm really not sure what else to tell you - nothing about my setup is particularly unique - although I'm happy to provide more detail if you tell me what you need to know. My status on the website says "Connected"...

You say I need to give A LOT more details - what details would you like? Are there numbers or something that you need? I apologize that you think I'm ignorant, but I do not know what information to provide to help you help me. Can you be more specific?

drgeoff

Quote from: daisi on June 27, 2014, 08:22:44 AM
That was not a very nice post!

I am using a Obi110. It's plugged into a Cisco router. There are no particular settings on my router - but the Obi is plugged in directly to the router. I'm really not sure what else to tell you - nothing about my setup is particularly unique - although I'm happy to provide more detail if you tell me what you need to know. My status on the website says "Connected"...

You say I need to give A LOT more details - what details would you like? Are there numbers or something that you need? I apologize that you think I'm ignorant, but I do not know what information to provide to help you help me. Can you be more specific?

I don't think you are ignorant but your post was the equivalent of you phoning an auto mechanic who doesn't know you or what car car you have and saying "My car won't start.  What is wrong with it?"

Has your OBi ever worked properly or have you been unable to make outgoing calls ever since setting it up?  If the former, has anything changed since it was working?  Such as your ISP, your router, your ITSP?  (ITSP is Internet Telephony Service Provider.)

Which ITSP are you using.

If you dial ***1, do you hear a gentleman saying "Basic network status.  Your IP ......"?