News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Power led flashing

Started by jlaw21652, June 23, 2014, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlaw21652

I have been talking with Obi support and have read and reread all the info I can find on this topic. My Obi202 has quit working several times, the 2 phone line are out. I have managed to rejuvenate it twice by trying various things recommended by Obi support.
The power led is now flashing. I have tried resetting to factory, resetting my router which happens to be a Motorola surfboard SBG6580. The Obi shows up in the IP list. I have reserved it to never expires, reserved the appropriate ports, added the IP to teh DMZ, added the MAC to always visible.

I am at a loss as to what to do other than junk it and go elsewhere. I have spent more time working on this thing than making calls. Can anyone help that has had similar problems? Everything else on my network, wired and wireless work. The OBI worked for about a month off and on.

Jim

Shale

Quote from: jlaw21652 on June 23, 2014, 04:57:37 PM

The power led is now flashing.
Flashing orange or flashing green?

Have you tried disconnecting the Obi from the router, turn off the OBi and the modem,  plugging the OBi into the modem, and powering Modem and OBi back up? This takes the router and settings out of the picture for testing.