News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 and multi-line phone

Started by ssli, May 07, 2011, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssli

I am new to this and just bought my first obi110. I want to use this in my small office which currently has two digital phone lines from time warner cable. I also use At&T 4-line phones at 4 different stations in the office.Most of the time the income call is picked up by front desk and transfer to other station if needed. My question is what is the best way to connect the obi110:
1. senerio one: keep current 2 lines from TWC, just add obi110 as third line. But who do I incorporate everything together? The phone lines/jacks only have 2 pair of wires.
2. Senerio two: keep one line from TWC and use Obi110 for 2nd line. In this case, since I have 2 GV  account, anyway the 4-line phone can handle 3 phone sessions (ie 3 lines -- 2 from GV and 1 from TWC)?
3. Drop the TWC line completely, use Obi110 only, but can I open 3-4 lines with the 4-line phones?

Your help is greatly appreciated. I tried very hard to find the answers but just not sure whether a muli-line phone will let you enjoy the 2 GV accounts (4 sessions) as if you have 4 regular lines.

Thanks

RonR

The OBi110's PHONE Port supports only one single-line telephone.  While the OBi110 can accommodate 2 GV/SIP Internet Telephone Service Providers, an OBiTALK Voice Service, and a PSTN Line, only one of these can be using the PHONE Port at any given time.  The only exception is 3-Way Calling and Call Waiting.  The OBi110 can also support call forwarding by bridging services together.