News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble getting started with PhonePower (Register Failed 403 From URl not recogn

Started by cloudcover, July 04, 2014, 10:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudcover

Hello -

Just bought an Obi200 and am having trouble getting it to work. Here's what I've done:

1. Created an ObiTalk account.
2. Connected my Obi200 and registered the device through ObiTalk.
3. Went through the process of selecting a service provider and chose PhonePower. Created a PhonePower account (when redirected to their website), paid for the service, and now have a username and password.
4. Followed the directions on the PhonePower website for setting up the Obitalk (involved disconnecting the cable modem, configuring the router to have a manually assigned DHCP and enable DMZ, then reconnecting the cable modem and power cycling the modem and the Obitalk adapter).
5. Added the service provider through the ObiTalk dashboard. I added it in the SP1 slot and enabled it for outgoing calls. For the service provider entries in that screen, the filled in values are sip.phonepower.com, port is 5060, the SIP User ID I set to the username from my PhonePower account (is that right?) and the SIP Password I set to the password from my PhonePower account (is that right?).

After all that, on my ObiTalk dashboard, the "Status" light/button is green but next to the line for SP1 under Status it says "Register Failed: 403 From: URl not recognized".

What am I doing wrong and/or what do I need to do differently?

Thanks.

Taoman

Login to your PhonePower account. Click on Modify Services tab and then the SIP Credentials tab. You must enable your SIP Credentials. The credentials you see on this screen are the credentials you enter into the PP fields on your Obi ATA. NOT your PP username and password.

cloudcover

Thanks, that solved the issue. Am I missing something -- is there some page that explains to do this? Nothing in the directions that I saw indicated this -- would have been helpful to have it explained in a more obvious place.

Taoman

Yes, it should be in a more obvious place now that they are supporting Obi devices. Here is the PhonePower knowledgebase article dealing with this:

http://www.phonepower.com/wiki/How_to_enable_SIP_Credentials