News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to add device

Started by help911, May 08, 2011, 03:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

help911

I am trying to add a device via the obitalk portal. I click on "add devices" and follow instructions to call **5 xxxx from the device. I get the recording that the # I dialed was sent to the server. The portal says "Trying to connect to your device... (Timeout in xxx seconds)", then says "Failed to connect to your device.
Please check your device's internet connection, and
click try again or click cancel to return to the device list".

Please help! Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.

PS. OBI110 firmware is updated to 1.2.1 (build 2103), tried using Firefox 3.6 & IE8. I am able to make & receive calls.

I am a newbie!

RonR

Quote from: help911 on May 08, 2011, 03:53:47 PMI am able to make & receive calls.

Does this mean you configured the OBi manually for a service provider?  If so, you don't really need the OBiTALK Portal as it won't do anything for you that you can't do manually.

yhfung

Try to disable DHCP and use Static IP in the network setttings and other parameters gatway and DNS. I believe that it can solve your problem.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

daibaan

Ha, this is why "**5" cannot be used in the digitmap, As RonR mentioned in the other thread, "**5" is hard coded into OBi device, however, I searched the admin guide and found no mention of the use of "**5" , yet, user cannot use it. can OBiHai add a description of "**5" into the next version of admin guide,  so that people like me does not accidentally use it in the digitmap and not know why it does not work? Thanks