News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Assistance with InboundCallRoute

Started by HDFLucky, July 13, 2014, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDFLucky

I've read the OBi Device Admin Guide AWA researching forum posts, but just can't seem to wrap my head around the proper Inbound CallRoute syntax to achieve the following:
* Redirect incoming calls from numbers with bogus NXX (i.e., beginning with "1")

Here is my OBi202 setup:
* Phonepower on sp1
* Phonepower on sp2 (separate account)
* Callcentric on sp3
* Future-Nine on sp4

The calls in question are incoming on sp1 to Phone 1. The desired destination is a DID on my Callcentric account. Since there are well-known issues with SIP calling via PP, that leaves me two choices (I believe):
1. Redirect call to sp4 and SIP dial to the CC# (preferable)
2. PSTN call to CC# via sp1 or sp2 (sp1 preferably, since it is not metered)

I've verified my caller syntax as (1?xxx1xx.) and that SIP calls can be placed from F9 to CC using (19141234567@in.callcentric.com), but calls always end up going to my PP voice mail (for testing purposes, I changed 'caller' mask to match the NXX first digit of the phone I was calling from). I'm currently using: {(1?xxx1xx.):},{>(7147654321):ph} (where 7147654321 is the dialed number on sp1), but this just sends them silently to PP voice mail. It's better than nothing, but not what I'm looking for. It seems like it should be as simple as: {(1?xxx1xx.):sp4(19141234567@in.callcentric.com)},{>(7147654321):ph} (but it's not). Any help?

azrobert

I'm not 100% sure, but I think {(1?xxx1xx.):} is working as designed. I believe the caller will hear ringing, but nothing will happen on the OBi. After the set number of rings PP will send the call to VM.

I send calls to my CC account, but I don't have a DID. I send the call to my CC account number like this:
{(1?xxx1xx.):sp4(17771234567@in.callcentric.com;ua=$1)}

ua=$1 will include the inbound callerid.

Your syntax looks correct, so I suspect you can't send a call via URI to a CC DID.

Edit:
Maybe it's not working because you're not sending the callerid.

HDFLucky

Quote from: azrobert on July 13, 2014, 10:57:34 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think {(1?xxx1xx.):} is working as designed. I believe the caller will hear ringing, but nothing will happen on the OBi. After the set number of rings PP will send the call to VM.
Further testing shows that you are absolutely correct.

Quote from: azrobertI send calls to my CC account, but I don't have a DID. I send the call to my CC account number like this:
{(1?xxx1xx.):sp4(17771234567@in.callcentric.com;ua=$1)}

ua=$1 will include the inbound callerid.

Your syntax looks correct, so I suspect you can't send a call via URI to a CC DID.

Edit:
Maybe it's not working because you're not sending the callerid.
You got me wondering, so I checked my CC call log. It does indeed show that the call is hitting the CC server, but it's not liking something it sees (w/ or w/o the ua=$1), as it shows Incoming: Error in the Destination column. I also proved that I can place a normal SIP call to the CC DID by temporarily changing my F9 DID destination to the CC DID via SIP, and it worked as expected.

At this point, the answer is academic as I stumbled upon an alternate solution. While I was copy/pasting different strings into sp1's X_InboundCallRoute, I accidentally used the example number from your post (17771234567) as the destination. It turns out that is an actual number on Callcentric...  to FREE 411! Since my intent was only to keep the obvious CID manipulators from ringing my phone or getting to voice mail, this works quite nicely. So now, I simply have: {(1?xxx1xx.):sp3(17771234567)},{>(7147654321):ph}}  ;D

On a related topic, going through my call logs and CID stored in the phone, I noticed some PRIVATE CALLER entries in the number field. I know I can add them to InboundCallRoute, and I've read the OBi Device Admin Guide re the @ element ("A wildcard character that matches any alphanumeric character except #"), but it's not clear to me if that includes the space character. So, would the correct syntax be
(1?xxx1xx.|PRIVATE@@.) or (1?xxx1xx.|PRIVATE' '@@.) ?

azrobert

@ will match a space.
PRIVATE@@. will not match "PRIVATE".
PRIVATE@. will match "PRIVATE".

You can test this with Phonerlite softphone installed on a Windows PC.
http://phonerlite.de/download_en.htm

Set the proxy to OBI's IP address and port like:
192.168.1.100:5060

The UserName will be seen by the OBi as callerid and can have spaces like:
PRIVATE 01

Register must be unchecked.

Click SAVE

Dial any number and click the green phone symbol.

HDFLucky

I knew about PRIVATE@@. vs PRIVATE@. (1 or more vs 0 or more), but I did not know about that Windows tool. Thanks for the great tip!