News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I get voicemails to go to GV and not my handset

Started by enroute, July 22, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enroute

Tried searching and did not find any. In fact I found questions about the reverse. I'd like to have all voicemails go to GV so that I can know I have voicemails via email. I rarely remember to check my handset. As of now when someone calls my home, the voicemails are recorded in my handset and not in GV, unless GV is down.

I also have Callcentric set up as SP2 and have set up GV to fwd calls to my CC# so that I can get caller ID. I tried without this setup and my voicemails still went to the handset. Ideally I would like my calls to be fwd to CC and voicemails to GV. Possible?

Taoman

Quote from: enroute on July 22, 2014, 11:01:38 PM
As of now when someone calls my home, the voicemails are recorded in my handset and not in GV, unless GV is down.

I assume by "handset" you mean your home phone (not a cell phone) which must have a built in answering machine. Why don't you just turn off/disable the answering machine portion of your home phone? On my old corded telephone it's just a big red button I push to disable the answering machine.

If you are forwarding from GV, your incoming calls will go to GV voicemail after 25 seconds assuming some other voicemail hasn't picked up the call first. Hopefully, you have not enabled Callcentric voicemail?

enroute

Thanks. It worked, can't believe this was so simple.