News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 setup for VOICEMAIL access to LINE - local PBX system

Started by searchformission, July 27, 2014, 11:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

searchformission

I am trying to find a way to access my local phone system's voicemail.

To access my local voicemail system, I need to dial:
pressing FLASH button, then *130  (the setup connected directly, without the Obi110).

With the current setup, the voicemail/local phone PBX is connected to my Obi110's LINE port. The reason I want to go with this setup is so that I only need one phone to call/receive connections from SP1/SP1/landline. When I tried to press "#" to switch to the LINE port and try the above pattern, I can't. There is some sort of conflict or confusion between the Obi and the PBX in handling this. Unlike other method I searched on this forum, our voicemail doesn't use */stars or other combination.

Is there a way to configure the Obi to allow me to do this? Is this setup possible?
I already tried removing SP1 and SP1 from being the primary line, and dialed the above pattern. Nothing works for now.

Thanks for any suggestion you can provide.

Edit: Removed confusing info.

giqcass

Welcome to the forum.

Your question confuses me slightly.  You said "pressing FLASH button, then *130" and later you say "our voicemail doesn't use */stars". 

When trouble shooting I often create a speed dial for testing purposes.  In this case I would make an explicit speed dial that specified the line port. 

li(*130)

Personally I use speed dial 1 for voicemail because it's the same on cellphones.  Long press 1 on most cell phones to get voicemail.  If I wanted to keep *130 and the speed dial worked I might put the following in my star code profile A.
*130, Voicemail, call(li(*130))

An adjustment can be made to the DigitMap / OutboundCallRoute if your star code profile doesn't have the room.
Long live our new ObiLords!

searchformission

I apologize for any confusion.

With my current system,  I need to press the FLASH key/button on the phone before dialing "*130" to access the voicemail.
The FLASH part is where it is tricky.

azrobert

Quote from: giqcass on July 27, 2014, 01:23:21 PM
If I wanted to keep *130 and the speed dial worked I might put the following in my star code profile A.
*130, Voicemail, call(li(*130))

giqcass,

I believe you coded to Star Code correctly, but there is a bug in the firmware and it will fail. It appears the OBi ignores the last parenthesis, so it interprets the code as Call(li(*130). It then sends li(*130 to the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute where it fails.  To prove this is what's happening place "{(@@.):sp2($2@192.168.1.199)}," at the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute and check the Call History.

I circumvented the bug by coding the Star Code like this:
*130(<li(*130)>), Voicemail, call($Code)

I have an OBi110 w/Build 2824

I don't know if the OBI20x has the same bug.

azrobert

Try changing Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
HookFlashHandling to: Send Hook Flash to PSTN

giqcass

Quote from: azrobert on July 27, 2014, 03:57:56 PM
giqcass,

I believe you coded to Star Code correctly, but there is a bug in the firmware and it will fail.
I think that was discussed somewhere before however I forgot about it. 

Quote from: azrobert on July 27, 2014, 04:28:27 PM
Try changing Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
@searchformission
Let us know if that works for you.
Long live our new ObiLords!

searchformission

I didn't change anything besides this:

Now, by pressing # to switch to the local PBX via LINE, and pressing FLASH (even tried with double FLASH), I was able to reach the auto-attendant. But still, not the voicemail yet. I will play around a little more and see what happens.

At least, with this change, I got somewhere. For your information, my Obi110 is on the v2.8 hardware and v1.3.0 (Build: 2824)