News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Choosing between providers

Started by Nixxta, August 08, 2014, 12:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixxta

Hi everyone,
Just got my Obi202 up and running and had a question. I've got two providers set up- Callcentric and Google Voice. I know that we set one as primary, but what I'd like to do is be able to choose which service provider I'd like to use by using a *code or something. Basically choosing between the providers on a per-call basis. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Nick

HDFLucky

If you're using the default digitmaps, you should be able to just pre-dial using the ** code for the other service provider. For example, if Callcentric is on sp1 and Google Voice on sp2, you could initiate an outbound call on GV by picking up the phone associated with sp1 and pre-dialing **2.

Nixxta

Easy enough- thanks!

I really haven't had a chance to delve into the advanced configuration too much. I did notice some crazy syntax though :).  Looking forward to exploring.

cluckercreek

As you probably already know, you can also set up your speed dials on the Obi with the **x configuration.