News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID Spoofing

Started by AndrewG, August 12, 2014, 07:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewG

Hi
so I have a GV number and my cell phone number. I want to have ONE number which i would prefer it to be my cell phone number. How do I set it up? Thanks

gderf

You can not change the outgoing CallerID on a GV line.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

AndrewG

When I set up my GV number I chose to use my Cell number. I selected the Google Voice lite. according to the email my cell number is my google voice number and they gave me a different number which they call an "access number" to access my voice mail. So long story short I should have 1 phone number. Can someone confirm that? I just ordered a new 202 so I have been able to test my theories yet.

AndrewG

i think i figured it out. i need to pay 20.00 and port my cell phone number to google voice. then i will have 1 number.  Can someone confirm this before i pay 20 bucks? or will the method i stated in the above message work somehow? thanks

cluckercreek

I'm not saying to do this BUT, I'd look at Groove IP and Ring.to about using your Google number. Now I say that and do not have an android phone so it may not be a good thing.

c3c3

If you port your cellphone number out, to any service, your cellphone's account will be cancelled.